Survey on H&H homepage...

severnmiles

Visit site
The question is "How many times will you clip your horse this winter?"

A) Not at all
B) Once
C) Twice
D) More than twice

Mine have had two already and its only November, I've never known a year like it, clip, 2weeks later and its all back again...do you think its because its been so mild? Anyone else having this problem?

LauraBR

Visit site
Was thinking the same! Sam has had two clips already- on the second clip he went that horrible jaundiced plucked chicken colour some chestnuts go and already a week later an orange sheen has grown back!!!!!

Irishcobs

Visit site
Yep, I should be on clip 3! But I let it all grow out between the first and second as it was too wet all the time, horse lives out.

Jemayni

Visit site
I read somewhere that the amount there coat grows is linked to how much sunlight they are exposed to? not sure whether thats right but I just thought it was interesting. My little po has only had one clip so far, but he only ever has 2 because he gets realy fresh straight after. The neddy is still fluffy due to his knakkered legs!

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
I am on my 2nd clip I expect to be ok till Jan then do it again. My horse got so woolly since he was clipped in Oct but left it as long as I could before doing it yesterday so hope it will last. Have also upped his rugs!

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Have also upped his rugs!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to do that but they're all so warm all of the time, I'm sure Miles/Molly/Kc were in duvets this time last year and they aren't at the mo!

Saf

community.webshots.com
Hi
Did my third over a week ago
blush.gif
hate clipping too
smirk.gif

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Hi
Did my third over a week ago
blush.gif
hate clipping too
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too! The hair gets in every imaginable place! Other than that I find it relaxing..if the horse is quiet.

I have been clipping huntsmans two, his fathers, and a couple of others aswell as mine....not so fun! I'll be on my third clip next Monday too.

Skhosu

Visit site
A for both! Tb hasn't grown a coat (and still only in lightish mw rug and outduring day and getting fat????!) and connie has a fluffy bear coat,not rugged and so far resisting urge as he is relatively cleanish, save a few days last week where I despaired!

Sisters horses clipped save one, one tb mare was getting sweaty, one childs pony, and other is not in much work so not clipped.

regalrendezvous

Visit site
i would HATE to have to clip more than once. My two get clipped in June and for the rest of the winter i just rug them heavily. (Southern Hemisphere, don't worry i'm not insane / cruel :p)

But then i guess it doesn't really get that cold here compared to the cold you lot have to deal with *shivers at the thought*

Winter may be ok but summer here is evil...i get up to ride at 5.30 cause by 7am it is 30 + degres and rising :p