Survey on splints! Need info on horses with and without splints! :)

Visit site
Done but I found the last few questions hard to answer because my boy already had the splint when we bought him so I don't know what kind of work he was doing prior to having ir and whether he was unsound or not.

oihewett

New User
Visit site
Spottypony- thank you very much, and yes I didn't give an option for that sorry :( thank you though! And thank you muddygreymare :)

Andalucian

Visit site
I had a problem with the survey, as my horse did have a splint, but its now completely gone (after using comfrey cream) so she doesn't have one now, but did???

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
I can't answer it because the only horse I have with a splint (although it's going away :) ) is my rising two year old and you don't have a 'not in work' option.

Also there were no questions about the hoof pastern axis re the title of your survey. :confused: Surely you need a good photo of each horse (side on) to go with their answers.

I also feel that you need more options for horses without splints. For example my retired mare raced and she has clean legs.

oihewett

New User
Visit site
Hey faracat. I had to keep the survey simple. My tutor told me I just needed some background info around splints, my research on hoof pastern axis comes from my actual experiments, just titled
It as my question... Because I don't know. Thank you anyway :)