Survey Participants Needed!

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
Ehmmm.... sorry but I got to the first page and the "Code Word" bit, and that totally confused me! PLEASE nobody make me invent any other passwords or codes, I've already confused myself with everything I'm supposed to remember!

Haven't encountered this before on a questionnaire.

Sorry OP, I just backed out PDQ!

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Ehmmm.... sorry but I got to the first page and the "Code Word" bit, and that totally confused me! PLEASE nobody make me invent any other passwords or codes, I've already confused myself with everything I'm supposed to remember!

Haven't encountered this before on a questionnaire.

Sorry OP, I just backed out PDQ!

Me too I'm afraid!

Reactions: DD

Equi

Visit site
As far as i am aware, the password is just to identify yourself should you wish you pull out of the survey and discount your answers. Just add jibberish if you don't think you will want to.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
As far as i am aware, the password is just to identify yourself should you wish you pull out of the survey and discount your answers. Just add jibberish if you don't think you will want to.

Considering the number of times I start one of these surveys and then don't finish for various reasons to do with the way the survey has been devised, I am not prepared to start one that needs a password of any kind.

DD

Visit site
Done but poor survey. I have heard of AM but do not know any symptoms as sycamore seeds are not present in my fields.,and I have cut down any growing in my hedges to tiny things which are hedged in with the rest of the plants. so I haven't bothered to get to know much about it. there is no option for "don't know" in the lenghthy symptom section. also it seems to assume that people only have 1 horse. I have ticked very unlikely for getting info from YO and farriers as I don't have a YO, they horses are at home and I don't use farriers.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
. I have ticked very unlikely for getting info from YO and farriers as I don't have a YO, they horses are at home and I don't use farriers.

I did this too and I think it's going to skew your result.

I nearly stopped at the password, then I figured that I can't withdraw from any other survey, so I put junk in.

I have horses in different age groups but you forced me to pick one, which is also going to skew things.

It wasn't clear that you could leave parts of the survey with no selection if you didn't know the answer, which I did, but other people will guess, which will also have an unwanted effect.

Slightly shocked that this is a Master's degree level survey, to be honest.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
No option to put: move equines to a different field - which surely would be a very viable option to think of, rather than fencing away from sycamore trees?
Survey bit skewed really on several questions. I left the odd question, not because I didnt know, but because there wasn't an applicable answer.
I bet there are plenty like me who ARE yard owners.....

B3thani3l

New User
Visit site
Thanks to all that have completed it! Just wanted to clarify that the code is only so I can identify you if you wish to withdraw. Also that this is for my BSc dissertation in a course that also includes a postgraduate qualification. I'm hoping to put this out and learn from it and then possibly take the same subject to an international level for my MSc. Therefore, all the feedback that has been commented has been noted and I'll take it into account for my next research project

Thanks all :)

laura_nash

towercottage.weebly.com
I presume from the title you only want respondants in the UK, though that wasn't mentioned in OP or in the "eligibility" bit. If answers from Eire are of any use let me know and I'll have a go at filling it in.

Not sure how well I'd do filling it in though, as per responses above, since I have two horses, keep them at home (so no YO), don't use a farrier, and part of my management is not using certain fields at certain times of the year.

Floxie

Visit site
Done - I was a bit thrown by "Do you know what causes AM?" followed by "How long after doing the above did the symptoms start".

I mean, I do know what they say causes AM, but I've no idea when exactly the horse in question ate the seeds, if he did... if the questions are related, "Do you know what caused the disease in this case" might make more sense :)