Survived first Show on the Mare!!!!

bandit

Visit site
well, i survived my first show on the gray mare!!

has had 2nd thoughts about taking her as she'd started to nap and rear on me and be a real pain. not knowing her history etc, I didn't know where it came from. All i know is her owner lets her do everythign SHE wants to.

warmed up and she started her napping and rearing in front of fences again, she spins left and when i ask her to turn to the right she goes up. eventually she calmed down slightly. I half wanted to just go home @ this stage but Kelly 1982 who had come to watch and help said not to be so silly and get on with it!!

to my surprise, she went much better when in a rhythym and had a course to jump.... in the first class we had the last fence down (double) but chuffed with her, in the second class, i didn't jump her again in the warm up, just walked / trot / cantered her, and we went round double clear!!!

admitadly there is loads to work on, but i was quite chuffed to get this result from my first show on her, and hopefyully the owner will let her be competed again!!!

thanks so much to Kelly and her encouragement - and cheif photographer - she's putting hte pics in the gallery sometime today hopefully...

Bxx

BBs

Visit site
AGGG BANDIT!! the last fence down
smirk.gif
hehe thats what you did at Tweseldown!!!

Well, she sounds like she was obviously testing you and good on ya for keeping on her case
smile.gif
she really sounds like she is talented but has been spoilt in the past.

Hun, you are a good rider
smile.gif
and I think that this could be a promising partnership - superb results for your first outing together so onwards and upward babe - keep on her case and nip any naughtiness in the bud - you will be eventing very soon if you continue the way you are going WOO HOO.

bandit

Visit site
well - does it count that it was the first part of the double and that was the last fence LOL!!! so not actually the LAST fence!!! she's never done a double before either, well only once @ home!

there is a 2-3 ODE locally on the 13th Aug, very tempted as she is bold and given the chance, aims for a fence rather than runs out! v unlike Ludo. also her flat work is quite good so should do an OK test! just have to ask the owner if she'll do it!!!

she is very naughty but hopefully it's something i can get out of her, and she can become more co-operative!

check out Pics on gallery now!!!

Bxx