Suspicious sightings S Lincs

miller

Visit site
Neighbour came round yesterday evening to say that there had been an attempted theft in Pinchbeck nr Spalding on Monday and another on Tuesday in the Holbeach area.

Monday vehicles were a red Landcruiser and a white transit, tuesdays vehicles were a white transit and a green pickup with a metal livestock trailer, apparently they tried to steal a stallion which did kick one of them on Tuesday and cut a chain into a field on monday to get at two poines but had trouble loading one so left them, my neighbour also said they tried to get his coloured mare

The police were called on Tuesday and arrived quickly and we were told scrambled the chopper as they are keen to get this put to bed.

As I say , it was a neighbour who told me this but he did actually call round specifically (normally a wave and hello type chap), I don't have the police crime reference as he didn't know it.

PennywithHenry

Visit site
Is that the neighbour I know Miller?

Pinchbeck and Holbeach...pretty close...I don't know whether I'm more at risk being in the middle of nowhere or unfindable lol

I suppose all we can do is continue to be vigilant...I have been bringing my mare and the pony in at nights, their stables are internal and we have the hubbys rottie running loose in there, but if they're determined....

When whoever it was who broke in before couldn't get through the safety padlock they just cut a bloody great chunk off the gate, yet we didn't see....

Is a livestock trailer a stockbox?

miller

Visit site
PWH - yes, the neighbour you know
grin.gif
did you know he's moving soon?

Presume by livestock trailer he means like the Ifor sheep trailer

PennywithHenry

Visit site
No, I didn't know he was moving. I know he and Cynthia were talking about it last time I spoke to them, but that was a while ago now, I've seen him to have a quick word with, but haven't had a proper conversation with him lol

I don't even know if they have the same horses as before...I'll assume they'll still have S, Cynthia's riding mare, but I don't know about the others...I desperately wanted to buy their dun a couple of years ago but was too hard up at the time lol.I really ought to pop up at some point, it's just finding the time. I'll have to give him a ring before he moves, I've lost his mobile but still have the house number...

How did they try and take his mare, or didn't he say?

Hey, if I pop round and see them and I can come a bit further up the road and hassle you for half an hour too lol You can demonstrate how to fit this damned pessoa thing the vet recommended!!

miller

Visit site
Don't ring his house - the new owner has already swapped phone line even though they haven't moved.

They've got Rufus a grey Andy cross who George drives, 2 coloured driving horses they do weddings with and Cynthis has a little chunky black mare with a white face??

Oh and a chestnut TB'y type that loks old??

He was due to move last monday but hasn't happened - they're going to SSJ somewhere

Definitely pop in to ours - can show you how to fit pessoa - I sold mine cos I didn't like it but Hugo'll demonstrate for you!

PennywithHenry

Visit site
Ooooh Rufus is new!

The two driving ones, Lady and Henry I assume, unless they've been replaced, Sophie is Cynthias riding horse, is the chestnut Softy? The old one with Cushings they had at moulton? Or was that bay?

It's quite pathetic how well I remember other peoples horse details...yet frequently get owners names wrong lol

I so deperately wanted Xanadu, the dun, do you remember him? HeidiBoo used to ride him for them up until he was sold...but I was living in town then, and all the money we had was saved up for this place....

Why didn't you like the Pessoa? I was recommended one for vogue to try and build her up a little...I thought I'd give it a whirl, but it's still in all of its packaging as I wanted to ensure I was doing it properly. I was actually going to PM you or kerilli and ask if either of you knew of an instructor who travels who I could book a lesson to be 'taught'....

See...my confidence in my abilities hasn't improved lol but we're having loads of fun and hubby took a video the other day and I had her going nicely in an outline rather than pootling along nose first-which is an improvement!

miller

Visit site
I don't like them much for the same reason Kerilli doesn't but quite happy to come and help you fit it or show you how it work on Hugo first?

It's just the way the pulley thing works so pressure on the mouth is greatest when same side hind is back (I suppose to encourage them to 'snap' it forwards and under) but Hugo uses it as every excuse to say "waaaah somthing's grabbing my mouth and swing from side to side in it - typical Hugo, any excuse to save working!
blush.gif