SW people

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
Anyone going to the equestrian auction on wed at The Hand? I could do with some winter bargains am I likely to find any or will it not be worth the effort?

LEC

Visit site
I saw it advertised in local press saying that they had stuff like thermatex and other good makes there. Just wondering if anyone had been and if I did turn up there would be one old manky thermatex in 5'0 which I know often happens in auctions.

S_N

Visit site
lol! Hmmmm tempting to go, but I have appointments all day tomorrow
mad.gif
mad.gif

LEC

Visit site
Have dug out the advert it says - over 200 lots:new/used saddles(jumping,GP,Dress & child) Bridles, rugs (NZ,thermal,cooler,travel,fly,etc), riding wear, harness, brass curios and Equestrian miscellania. By auction Hand Stadium Wed 18th Oct viewing @6.30pm starts 7pm.

S_N

Visit site
God I'm dumb today - I thought you meant tomorrow! Bloody long drive back though for me and any bargins would be negated by the fuel costs - ho hum.

LEC

Visit site
Knowing my luck if I go its 199 brass curios and one manky rug!

Irishcobs

Visit site
I might have a look, is that The Hand in Clevedon?
Tis a long drive for me tho, as I've only started driving again this week and only to work (10 mins).

Don't suppose anyone is going to the equine event at the Bath and West show ground next weekend? I'm going probably on the Sunday.

shadowboy

Visit site
I have just moved to the SW where is the hand? It sounds interesting, im tempted to go esp if my boy is coming back to live with me!

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
bit too much of a drive shame it isn't in two wednesdays time as would then just be a few junctions up from new job so would be an excusable detour :p

I will most likely be at the exeter racecourse clearance sale next saturday and the SW equine fair at Westpoint in a few weeks (the SW version of the BW one
wink.gif
)

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
The hand is just off the Clevedon Junction (J20 or 19 i think off top of my head basically just before steep hill up to Bristol!)

If you come off at the junction you basically go left a lot (following signs) then over down little country lane which takes you over motorway and then you have the football stadium (pitch with some seating!? LOL ) and then the equestrian centre next door on the right.

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
Argh, went to the Exeter one last year. Total chaos, piles of stuff in a tiny room, you queued to get in, queued to see the stuff etc, and the promised saddles were never in evidence!
The plan appears to be pilkes of stuff on tables all jumbled up and you then queue to pay, I think they may only take cash from what I remember too.
I thought the prices sounded good but expect a bun fight like the Christmas sales, people were waiting fifty in a line for the place to open at Exeter, and I came away with nothing I got so cross at the chaos.

LEC

Visit site
This is different to the clearence sale as just a traditional auction- I am thinking about going to B&W will see how I feel after Aldon.

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
aw i never go when they open thats just plain suicide LOL

The saddles are normally there but only a few per venue and they go fairly quickly, I have seen them a couple of times.

Last year got 3 pairs of very nice eurostar breeches and as I managed to fit into the largest kid size they were even cheaper
laugh.gif

You do have to queue for a fair time to pay though but they do take cards as I paid with my switch card last time, would have preferred if it was cash only though!

The sales are great for stable rugs, stubben bridles the odd pikeur jacket, general jackets (eg toggi/musto etc) and colour co-ordinating accessories! the rest tends to be junk but you do get some bargins! My two stubben bridles are testament to that!!