Swapping Horses

Halfpass

Visit site
Answered an ad where someone was selling a 4 year old 16.3 warmblood gelding wanting to swap for a more mature all rounder. Thought the horse may suit me and mine suite her so sent an email. Got a reply today saying gelding was sold but she had a 4 years old 16.2 warmblood mare that she would be interested in swapping. Do you think this may be a dealer and has anyone else ever swapped their horse?

serena2005

Visit site
i cant stand people the advertise one horse then try to sell you another.

i have never swapped a horse before but from what you have said i would be very wary of this person now, sure sounds like a dealer

Parkranger

Visit site
Sounds a little sussed - ask her why she has two horses to 'swap' in such a short space of time.

I'm thinking that she's selling green, maybe Irish horses, that she's brought for peanuts and swapping them for more mature schoolmasters that she can make a packet on.

Or am I just too cynical? x

GTs

Visit site
I would not pursue this - there is something dodgey!!

I know people who swap horses, but they all are polo people, know eachother and it is 'business'

Frazer

Visit site
Id find out a lot more personally before anything else happens. I have swapped a BSJA horse and a riding pony before, but all frmo friends that regulally compete and still see them every weekend at shows. Wouldn't swap if I didnt personally know the people.