Swaps?

parsley

Visit site
It really isn't the right time to be selling a pony and I am fast giving up hope of selling my son's pony so I can get him something a bit smaller. I was thinking today that what I needed was someone who has outgrown their pony and who needs a bigger one so we could swap for a while until my son is bigger and they are ready for a bigger still pony.

I thinki the chances of finding someone who owns a suitable pony and who is suitable for our pony are probably about a million to one. Has anybody done this before?

parsley

Visit site
Wow! a website dedicated to swapping!!!!! I did notice that all the valuations for horses up for swap were on the expensive side though!
grin.gif
Thanks for posting this.

parsley

Visit site
I was actually thinking of a temporary swap with someone - my son will grow into a 13.2 eventually and I know that there are people with outgrown ponies who they don't want to sell and lose control of.

RunToEarth

Visit site
The idea is very good, and yes a lot of people dont want to part with ponies permenantly, we had a great pony that I grew out of when I was 5, but she was still with us until she was PTS 2years ago. You just have to put your neck out and spread the word, something will be out there, good luck finding them
smile.gif
x

_April_

Visit site
I did this, only I was on the other side of the fence!

I outgrew my first pony Misty, not so much in size as she was 13.2 but in ability and we were at that stage where we knew we should sell her but didn't know what to do about it!
Luckily one of our PC instructors knew of a lady who had bought another 13.2 for her family because she didn't want tot let this particular pony pass her by. However she was just far too sharp for her son and she wanted to put her out on loan till her son was big enough to handle her.

We did a straight swop and it worked out perfectly because when I outgrew her I knew she was going back to her old owners. They also bought Misty from me for their younger kids and she lived there till she passed away a few years ago.

I would recommend getting in touch with your local Pony Club, it worked out great for me! xx