Sweating and vaccine/sedation

fidleyspromise

Visit site
I had vet out at 9.30 this morning and pony was sedated to have teeth done and had her flu jab.
Very little needed done to her teeth so we went on to the next pony.
An hour after being done I went back to first pony and her shoulder and chest was damp with sweat. I left her in for another couple of hours and after it dried, I put her out to field.

This also happened last year - she was in a different stable and I thought it was maybe too warm for her but this has happened again. Different times of day, different vets and different stables.

Has anyone else had similar or know why this is happening?

Kezzabell2

Visit site
Yes it will be because of the sedation, most vets will tell you to not put rugs on for at least an hour or so!! but my boy always gets sweaty, he does have a thick coat

Micropony

Visit site
Yes, I used to have to get my last horse sedated fairly regularly, but wasn't warned by the vet the first time either! Perfectly normal, no need to worry x

Damnation

Visit site
Yep they all sweat to varying degree's under sedation, nothing to worry about as long as your horse is now perky and eating/drinking/pooing normally.

fidleyspromise

Visit site
Thanks for the replies everyone.
It was a massive reassurance as I've never had this before. Yep, she was back to normal - eat/drink/pooing, perky she definitely was as she pulled faces and tried to bite the other horse.

(I didn't reply yesterday as have a massive project to write for college).