Sweating in one patch

marion95

Visit site
Hi everyone,

Have any of you had experience with your horse sweating in just one patch?

My TB mare has recently started sweating on her shoulder (just below her mane) in a really small patch - about 2 inches long 1 inch wide. It's not all the time, but a lot, and when she isn't hot anywhere else. Obviously she sweats everywhere when she is hot!

I had my back lady out last night (McTimoney) and she said that it is a sign of isolated pain. She also pulled her legs out to stretch and there was a big clunk, so hoping that's the problem sorted.

Has anyone else had this?

Thanks,

kick_On

Visit site
Has she had a previous injury at this site??
Normally it suggest that there has been damage at this site and sweat rececptor (sp) can't switch off correctly so therefore, she sweats just on this patch first

marion95

Visit site
Well it's only just started happening, so I don't think so. One suggestion is that she may have fallen over when she got her leg caught in barbed wire a month or so ago. Although she has never been stiff or lame on her front legs.

Hopefully the big clunk will sort it out!

TGM

Visit site
I agree with the others that it can be the sign of an old injury. One of my previous horses had a massive injury to her hindquarters and although it healed well, she would always get a strange patch of sweat in that area.

mrussell

Visit site
Yep both my TBs do it. Infact my fella even has different colour hair there (much darker).

Ive had both of them since age 4 and neither of them have had an injury there so just assumed it was a TB thing.

Judie

Visit site
Yep my chap does it, usually when he is a little tense and tired, travelling home after competing. It's quite a common place for them to sweat.

10past6

Visit site
My tb also does this in exactly the same place. He did it all last summer, but not this summer i didnt think anything of it just thought it was an over active sweat gland.
confused.gif