Swinging or sliding......

Where do you get feeding advice from?

• Total voters

Weezy

Visit site
Swinging for me - in an emergency of a horse barging out the door will give and allow the horse an exit - that wouldnt happen with a sliding door and would concern me (saying that most top yards have sliding, as does my Vet practise!!!)

S_N

Visit site
I prefer sliding, they are less intrusive on space and horses are less likely to injure themselves on them if they are not opened properly (I'm thinking bolts sticking out here). But they have to be fitted properly otherwise they are a NIGHTMARE!!!

kerrylou123

Visit site
swiming for me too! not quite sure why, never really thought about it. But i supposed, i do know of a pony who barges out of her stable, and she did get stuck in a sliding door, so that might be why i prefer swinging!

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
swinging. If you have a problem in a stable you can quickly get out of a swinging, but sliding is a bit fiddlier.
Mind you. sliding for convenience, it stays where you put it when opened instead of swinging back on you/ the horse! but swinging for safety's sake.

eventingdiva

Visit site
we have both at are yard and tbh i dont really have a preference, but have ticked sliding because i think the yard looks neater if sliding doors are left open than if the swinging stable doors are open, if that makes sense!
i know some of the horses took a while to get used to them (and a few nearly had their heads chopped off because they didnt move back quickly enough!) but most are fine.

also, unrelated but just realised we have foals due on the same day next year
grin.gif
x

monica123

Visit site
tbh, swinging all the way, easier if you have a barger as they will be easier to close quickly and if had a sliding, then you might be longer and catch your horse inbetween the door and the wall

eventingdiva

Visit site
should be TB x ID x something else the stallion had in him that tbh cant remember! should make about 16.1/16.2.
we decided to put her in foal because she went lame and vet wants her to have 18 months off, and a friend of ours who has a few broodmares offered to take her for that time.
what about yours?! x

MillionDollar

Visit site
Oo should make a nice competition horse then! Well my 2 mares are NF and are both in-foal to Goshka Ringo, so they'll both be coloured, and hopefully make 14.2 performance ponies (fingers crossed). They are both later than intended because she reabsorbed 1st time. Oh im so excited, will be really interesting to see which one comes first, lol.
grin.gif

jester

Visit site
definately, definately swinging.

we used to have sliding doors in the riding school i worked that were solid wood on the bottom half and bars on the top half, and the walls were the same. one of my friends got her hand caught between the bars of the wall and the door as the door was being opened - i wont go into detail but needless to say it was not a pretty sight and she lost some of the use of her hand.

admittedly it was a freak accident but its put me off them for life and i cant look at them now without feeling sick
crazy.gif

Soph83

Visit site
<span style="color:purple"> I'd never come acroos sliding until I was at the vets friday. I had to ask someone how to open the door to get my pony out as could find no bolts! Right plum
confused.gif
! Haha, they were very smart I have to say but I think I'd prefer good old fashioned swinging if given a choice. </span>