Swiss Galoppers

cauda equina

Visit site
I fancy a pair of these, just for pottering about in; no mud, no fast work, Cavallo Sports are currently doing the job and are delightfully easy to use but a bit heavy.

The Galoppers look easy, but rather than risk being taken in by skilful advertising I thought it wise to ask for opinions before I splash out
So - are they as good as they look?
Thanks!

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I have seen a few people post about them and they have liked them. Like all boots they might depend on fit re. how successful they are.

I too find the cavallos pretty heavy, particularly as I was used to easyboot gloves first.

ImmyS

Visit site
I don’t have these, but I do use the scoot boots and love them, super lightweight, really easy to put on and take off , water just drains out of them so they don’t get soggy or clogged with mud, I just hose them of them they’re ready for the next time. Super grip and haven’t come of during canterwork, or over tough terrain. The fit is also quite forgiving through the trim cycle. Highly recommend.

Shooting Star

Visit site
Yes I have some, they’re great! I had been using Cavallo sports but found then a bit clumpy and also because of the leather & fabric once they got wet they stayed wet - particularly in winter. The galoppers are definitely wash & go boots, easy to use and never move.

The down side is they don’t have many sizes yet, mine was in a 4 in Cavallo but is in the largest galoppers (7) although I think they have / had plans to bring out some other sizes so perhaps there’s more now.

Reactions: DD

flying_high

Visit site
I have just bought size 6 long Swiss Galoppers for horse that has long narrow feet. Any tips for fitting / using? (I ordered based on a fit kit with help of trimmer) but wont have help when actual boots arrive. Any tips or hacks? I wasn't planning to use socks / gaiters? Or do people find they need them? Horse is initially wearing them in field 7-8 hours a day. thanks