swollen knee

maddielove

Visit site
Took maddie in from the field today..blowing a gale and chucking it down..anyway.
tied her up and discovered that she has knocked her front right knee. theres a little cut[not a deep one] and some swelling..not a huge amount..but it's noticable.
trotted her up-she's not lame or stiff..perfectly content and full of beans.
i've hosed it down twice, once when she came in and again after i'd taken her for a walk round the school[she was very full of energy and needs exercise]
as she lives out 24/7 and she isn't lame i have put her out again. do you think i am fine to do this?
hopefully the swelling should go down in a few days[am i right in thinking?] haven't called the vet as it didn;t seem to be very severe..does that seem okay?

i sound a bit of an ineperienced div..sorry! never had a problem with maddie as she doesn't normally take a bashing from anyone!

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Sounds fine, just keep and eye on it and make sure you check for any heat, incase (remote chance) the wound is deeper than it looks and it gets infected. Definately wouldn't call the vet, unless she went lame, or got heat/swelling.

maddielove

Visit site
back from the yard.
swelling is down a considerable amount, should be gone by tomorrow and the cut has healed up nicely.
rode for like 10 mins at walk..not that fussed..will get back to some light schooling as we are needing it!