Swollen Sheath

taffy2

Visit site
Can anyone help?? my gelding gets bitten on his bits and it swells really big anybody got any idea on what I can put on it to stop the damn midges biting his bits and making 10 times the size??

scotsmare

www.creativewritingforaliving.co.uk
Try Leovet power phazer fly spray, it gives up to 7 hrs protection they also do a cream format which might be easier to apply.
smile.gif

Eaglestone

Visit site
I am not going to be much help as I want to know the answer to this one
crazy.gif

My old boys 'bit' is so big all the blighters go for a nibble .... I put udder cream on it but that does not really help much ... I used to put a mixture on BBenzoate on it and that was a bit strong
shocked.gif
.... now I end up putting a Dermobion (sp) substitute on it to get rid of the soreness AFTER the blighters have got him ... however as this is a steroid, he is not supposed to have it as he suffers from Cushings ...

Very interested to know of some others peeps solution/remedies
grin.gif
blush.gif

DuckToller

Visit site
My cream pony's sheath gets bitten more than the others, think they go for the cream skin. Have tried covering him with sudacream, it sort of works in that he doesn't seem to have so many spots of blood when its covered, BUT the goo gets all in his tail as he swishes it about, so now got greasy revolting tail!

flyingfeet

Visit site
Nettex Itch Stop in the morning accompanied with 2 different fly sprays and then a good layer of sudocrem in the evening with more fly spray seems to do the trick for mine

I also feed brewers yeast and that has had the biggest effect (he has sweet itch)