swollen suspensory branch

twilight01

Visit site
Hi

we are several month into a nasty injury and what remains is swelling to the suspensory branch. She is now turned away in the hope it reduces on it's own but am looking for any "out of the box" ideas to encourage it's repair. To look at the leg the swelling is much reduced and if you didn't know looks normal but the vet has said there is still some swelling there.

Any ideas greatfully received

applecart14

Visit site
http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=527782&highlight=suspensory+ligament+strain

Here is my post regarding my horse with this injury. his was a strain. My physio reduced the fibrosis by using LW ultrasound to break it up. PRP helped also. My horse is happily jumping 3ft now, and getting placed almost every time out in jumping and dressage. We have yet to event or fun ride but this is more to do with the ground conditions being totally unsuitable for his injury at the moment as its been so wet.

If you go on YouTube and look at Applecart14 you will see his progress from his initial injury to a few months after. I intend to put a follow up video on You Tube in a few days. xx

twilight01

Visit site
She had an avulsion fracture which has healed and what is left is swelling to the suspensory branch. The scans just show swelling, no tears or holes. She has had shock wave treatment and is now just on turnout to see if time can heal it some.