synthetic dressage saddle, thorowgood and other?

Mel1

Visit site
I'm looking to buy one of them (new or second hand), I really like the thorowgood t6 dressage, with changable gullet adjustable etc, to fit my 16h ISH. but she's also got very broad shoulders. I really like the look of them too.
does anybody have one of them, and are they happy with them, in term of how they fit their horses and rider position?
I don't really know much about the others like wintec etc but are they worth having a look too?

JulzS

Visit site
sorry cant comment on the T6 dressage but i've just bought the T6 GP and its really comfy and puts you in a great position :) Saddle fitter couldnt praise Thorowgoods enough :)

FigJam

teamhopalong.blogspot.com
I have just bought a T4 dressage (couldn't quite stretch the budget to a T6, much as I would have loved to!) and like it. It's not got a hugely deep seat, but definitely feels like it puts me in a good position. :) My saddler also really rates the Thorowgoods/Kent & Master/Fairfax saddles and their fit for the horse.

Britestar

Visit site
I have a wintec pro (old style), with flock not cair. I'm very happy with it, but the flock ones are hard to come by. Kent and MAsters aslo getting very good reviews. My friend bought one last week and what a difference in the way her horse goes!

OskyWoskyPonio

Visit site
Just bought a Wintec Isabelle dressage and it's FANTASTIC!! The difference in my horse and I was huge and instant! It takes all the effort out of sitting in the correct position :) I use mind for hacking as well and find it incredibly comfortable! Definately worth a try! (I have the flock version instead of the cair although I have a cair Bates Momentum saddle so i'm not against cair) :)

floradora09

Visit site
Just bought a Wintec Isabelle dressage and it's FANTASTIC!! The difference in my horse and I was huge and instant! It takes all the effort out of sitting in the correct position :) I use mind for hacking as well and find it incredibly comfortable! Definately worth a try! (I have the flock version instead of the cair although I have a cair Bates Momentum saddle so i'm not against cair) :)

Ditto here! Was lent one by a friend, loved it so much that I emptied my bank account to buy one second hand!! :D xxx

eggs

Visit site
Another vote for the Wintec Isabelle Werth. Haven't tired the T6 so I can't compare them.

Saints_fan88

Visit site
Tekna!! Synthetic book looks like leather, much deeper seat than the T4 so I feel it holds me much more in place, never ridden in a dressage saddle previous but I love it!! and it looks so smart too :)

Kenzo

Visit site
If your horse has very large set back shoulders and not much of a dip in the back, I very much doubt a TG saddle will fit, yes you can adjust the front, sides a bit (if they have the fish system) you might get away with clearing the shoulder blades if it's dressage due to the cut but there not for every horses shape, if you get what I'm saying and unless they fit the horse really well, they won't put you in good position...same with any saddle really.

But yes for the money they are comfortable and a decent saddle.

Arkmiido

Visit site
I have leather saddles normally, Kieffers and Albions, but bought a GFS Genesis synthetic saddle for my youngster who has gone from a MW to a W - she has big shoulders and it just fits her beautifully. I rode my warmblood (who has massive shoulders!) in it for the saddler to watch because he just wasn't going right in the horribly expensive aforementioned saddles despite reflocking etc - and they supposedly fit him perfectly "on paper". I have never felt such a transformation - it was like riding a different horse - that floated. So there's my vote for a GFS Genesis - I'm just saving up for a second one now - the dressage version - because its a faff changing the gullet between the 2 horses.. and one day I might want them both to be ridden at once!