T.B Stallions

kateD

Visit site
Hi, just wondered if anyone cud recommend a suitable stallion for my mare. She is 16h 1/2WB 1/4 I.D 1/4TB and is by Grannex. Currently eventing at NOV/INT level. She is good in all three phases, but struggles to make the time above Novice.(Has very short pony legs!!) So im ideally looking for a potenial husband thats 3/4 or full T.B with an excellent temperment.Who can add some size and speed to her! Any ideas?!

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Whereabouts are you cos there's loads?!

Kings Composer and Street Music for a start have to my positive knowledge, fantastic temperments, both full TB, one in Cornwall other on Anglesey - can't get much further apart!

kateD

Visit site
In glous, Badminton to be exact! I think I've seen Kings Composer did he used to be riden by Mary King? Mill Laws offspring look the business, particuley the 4yrs Burghley winner.I like the look of the coloured baby in your pic, did you breed him/her?

Bossanova

Visit site
Weston Justice gets my vote, stunning 4* horse, throws foals with enough movement and great athleticism. We have a cracking yearling by him. He's by Criminal Law, out of Weston Miskris (herself a sucessful eventer) I think he's 15/16tb although could be 7/8

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
[ QUOTE ]
In glous, Badminton to be exact! I think I've seen Kings Composer did he used to be riden by Mary King? Mill Laws offspring look the business, particuley the 4yrs Burghley winner.I like the look of the coloured baby in your pic, did you breed him/her?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, didn't see this!

Don't think MK rode him, not sure who to be exact, bet SN would know! Another near you (M in Marsh) is Kadastroff, he's a lovely well made horse that won hurdling so has the ability and the speed but might be on the small side for your mare (think he's 16.1)

Thank you, yes, that's Dotty, she's 2 (and a half!) by Bazaars Texas.(grandsire Dallas, out of TB mare) Had four by him now out of TB mares (another in the pipeline with Twiggy) and they've all been decent athletic and well balanced types. I really hope both she and her yearling half bro' can eventually compete, they deserve the chance, just got to save up my pennies!!

Bossanova

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Kings Composer didnt compete himself, Mary has a youngster (or maybe 2) by him, as does Abi Walters. None have gone above int yet though

barkinghorse

Visit site
I'm probably biased but i like Lord David S,
In his resume (sp) it says he has sired some good eventers.
He's 17hh so will add height and has impeccable manners, William is by him and he is fearless but a bit of a know it all.
He is standing at Louella Stud.
Jo

siennamum

Visit site
I love Lord David S, did try to get a foal by him out of the fat orange one, but she wasn't having any of it!
I would be tempted to look also at Devil's Jump, Catherston Dazzler, Relief Pitcher, Langarth Triple (possible next husband choice for S) They are all relatively local.

coedcae

Visit site
I have one by each of those stallions SM!
laugh.gif
My 10yr old mare is by Lord David S and is big, 17.2hh and very leggy, her name means Daddy Long legs in Welsh, cos thats what she looked like as a foal. If you look at a picture of Lord David S you'll see what I mean. She is eventing but hasn't the most ideal temperament but then I'm very critical.
I have a 3yr old by Devils Jump, I'm hoping she'll event too, her full brother is Advanced. But I would say she is slightly weak in the hind leg, slightly cow hocked, with the near hind turned slightly out. Again if you look at a picture of Devil's jump he stands exactly the same.
I like Kings Composer and Krinisky as well

kateD

Visit site
Thanks for the advice! I did look at Lord David S, he was lovley but alot of his youngstock (even out of small mares) are just huge and very leggy! Criminal Law was stunning but temperment wise not so good! I do like Nomadic Way (Louella Stud) . Anyone seen any youngstock by him?

Emily99

Visit site
How about Trifolio?
Stud i groom for has used him a few times with some fab results!! They breed hacks/riding horses that will go on to make good eventers too.
Horse on recent junior euro team was by him too.

S_N

Visit site
Mary King rode a son of Kings Composer last season, called Kings Composition - he's now with Abi Walters, as is Tregawn Lace and a few others. AFAIK last season was KC's 1st season and this is TL's first season.

I have a stuning colt by Kings Composer - have literally just got home from a mare grading (my girlie did well
laugh.gif
) and everyone was muttering about what a handsome foal he is
grin.gif
cool.gif
My ex-boss Jennie Loriston-Clarke, was one of the Judges and she loved him too!

I had a good look at the 2 TB stallions at the stud where the grading was and they are GORGEOUS! Deltic and Roviris! I'm seriously considering Roviris for next year - 16.3, beautifully put together, good temperament, moves like a WB!! Though for what you want, by the sounds of it, Deltic or KC would be good options to consider.

I apologise if this sounds completely inside out and upside down, as I am cross eyed with knackeredness, but cannot go to bed, otherwise I'll miss the last episode of Lost!!