T bar stirrups

Mari

Visit site
I have just bought a calf skin dressage saddle & have been advised to buy some calf skin / soft leather stirrup leathers. What do people suggest / recommend as good value.

GreyDot

Visit site
I have these - they are lovely and soft. Just remember to get the right length so the t-bar isn't lying against your saddle flap.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I’ve used Wow and I really liked them it took me a decade to remember how to run them up 😂
I’d defo buy rather than normal leathers now when mine need replacing.

Mari

Visit site
I have these - they are lovely and soft. Just remember to get the right length so the t-bar isn't lying against your saddle flap.
Ah. Thank you for the advice about length. Must measure the ones I’m using temporarily.

Mari

Visit site
Need help now with what size to get. I am a small 5’ lady riding a 14hh pony in a 16.5” XW saddle with short flaps (14”) as I have short legs. On my GP saddle I currently use what I would call teenager stirrup leathers I.e. 148 cans.

GreyDot

Visit site
Need help now with what size to get. I am a small 5’ lady riding a 14hh pony in a 16.5” XW saddle with short flaps (14”) as I have short legs. On my GP saddle I currently use what I would call teenager stirrup leathers I.e. 148 cans.

You need to first measure the stirrups you normally ride in, set to the hole you usually use. Then, depending on which t-bar stirrup brand you are buying, check what their sizing options are (there are usually a variety such as sizes 24", 28" and 32"). You want the ones which are at least as long as your normal riding length. Don't go for the longest as this may mean the t-bar is sitting against the saddle flap.

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
You need to first measure the stirrups you normally ride in, set to the hole you usually use. Then, depending on which t-bar stirrup brand you are buying, check what their sizing options are (there are usually a variety such as sizes 24", 28" and 32"). You want the ones which are at least as long as your normal riding length. Don't go for the longest as this may mean the t-bar is sitting against the saddle flap.
Do you measure them from the stirrup bar to the top of the stirrup?

Mari

Visit site
I bought a pair of Waldhausen 70 cms to try. Too long for me so will send them back BUT they wouldn’t go through the stirrup iron, too fat! I tried both ends & with 3 different irons & wouldn‘t go through any of them.

MrsMyope

Visit site
I bought a beautiful pair of Equiline mono leathers from Redpost and they were the same, wouldn’t go through Sprengers or my Flexons. Redpost were excellent after they tried a pair themselves and were hugely apologetic. However the stock photo given by Equiline to Redpost didn’t match the product they sent me. Equiline fobbed me off by thanking me for my interest in Equiline and my kind email when I complained! Those darned things would only fit through a stirrup if they were to become a round in a strong man competition!

Mari

Visit site
I bought a beautiful pair of Equiline mono leathers from Redpost and they were the same, wouldn’t go through Sprengers or my Flexons. Redpost were excellent after they tried a pair themselves and were hugely apologetic. However the stock photo given by Equiline to Redpost didn’t match the product they sent me. Equiline fobbed me off by thanking me for my interest in Equiline and my kind email when I complained! Those darned things would only fit through a stirrup if they were to become a round in a strong man competition!
Ha Ha. note to self avoid Equiline. I’ve decided to look for a pair second hand & I can ask about fit / condition.