tack exchange

allijudd

Visit site
i have decided to open a tack shop here on the farm...its not going to be run full time as i cant really spare the time but if people want to have a look and im available then they can browse or ring up....also we are not quite in a metropolis
tongue.gif

i want to sell second hand tack for other people....do you think 10% commisision on items sold is ok?

i would also repair rugs and stuff but will price these separetly........

i would also like to start a tack exchange but unsure how to go about it...ie people could swop a 6ft rug for something bigger, same quality etc etc...

what do you think.....

clipertyplop

Visit site
sounds like a good idea, one point if people leave there saddles ect with you as a sale or return basis would they be insured against theft and fire ????? only saying this as i have left saddle in the same situation ie a new synthetic pony saddle...i noticed it had been sold out of the shop so went to collect the money...some one had paid and taken the saddle out to try...took it back to the shop saying it didnt fit but in actual fact they had exchanged it with an older one.....
frown.gif

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
TBH I would do as suggested before and run it on a 'store credit' basis. That way, they can spend the money in your shop and you can give them the right value for their item, so they can get something of the same value. Then nothing 'belongs' to customers, always yours so there would be less onus on you if things went walkabout etc.
You need to be insured against fire and theft and would need excellent burglar alarms.

allijudd

Visit site
we arefully insured here and changing the insurance to cover it all wouldnt be a probelm.....

i wopuld be wary about the saddle though but people could try them out here without taking them away....i would probably get the camera out for the saddle.....