Tack room smell

paulandtree

New User
Visit site
Hi
I wonder what people use to stop the horse smell on clothing and tack.
We leave our coats in the tack room when riding but when we go to the shop on the way home from riding you can bet somebody always turns their nose up at our lovely horsey odour. My wife bought one of these UV units which are for gents toilets and it works really well on our clothing and even the dog. I wonder what others use mainly for the smell on clothing?
Airsteril-2.jpg

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
If your coats are left in a tack room when you are with the horses, yet people are still turning their noses up at you in the shop, I suspect it is not a smell that they are objecting to.

Unless your tack room needs a good sweep out? Or you place jackets directly onto wet horse rugs?

Maybe you have muddy boots or hay in your hair.

Not sure any device as advertised would help with any of that!

JulesRules

Visit site
I dont care if I smell horsey when I pop to the shops. If people know me chances are they realise I've just left the yard. If they don't know me i have no interest in what they think.

One if the sales guys at work tried to sell me some of those for the toilets with a small test using ammonia on a cloth. I then asked him to repeat the experiment without running the unit and the smell disappeared just the same which quite took the wind out of his sails ??

eggs

Visit site
I don't think it is right to go into shops smelling badly of horses as not everyone appreciates the smell but it isn't difficult to put a less 'horsey' coat on to pop into the shops. However this post smacks of product advertising when all you need to do it leave your coat somewhere else. I certainly won't be rushing to buy this.

Leandy

Visit site
Can't say I've ever seen this as an issue. If you smell that badly you need a washing machine and most of us have those already.