Tack shops in Walsall and other horsey things to do there?

Xanthoria

Visit site
I am planning a trip in June that passes through Walsall. I know a lot of saddlery is made there - and there's a leather museum? Any other horsey highlights there? Must see tack shops? Tour of saddlery manufacturers? Thanks!

rascal

Visit site
The last tack shop in Walsall town centre closed years ago. There were 2 at one time. Not really a horsey area.
Think most people go to either Robinsons in Cannock, or there are a couple of feed shops that sell tack, nothing to get exited about.
Leather museum is worth a visit though, or at least it was when i went years ago. Nothing else horsey i can think of. They do still make tack,in the area, but not nearly as much as they used to.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Um, Walsall isn't really somewhere people visit. I suppose there is the Ideal and Albion factories you could drive by....

lawa

Visit site
The leather Museum is worth a look around but that's about it TBH you wont get factory tours at the saddlers.

Rosiejazzandpia

Visit site
The leather museum is good, other than that I wouldn't even bother going near Walsall. I lived on the uni campus nearby, not somewhere I would recommend going or visiting at all :(

WelshD

Visit site
Diamond Saddlery (probably about 10 miles from Walsall) always used to be worth a visit if you like a bit of matchy matchy

I must admit though I haven't been there recently so no idea what its like these days

Hanno Verian

Visit site
There isn't really much in Walsall, if you have transport Townfields Saddlery on the other side of Birmingham (towards Coventry) or Horse Sense at Solihull Riding Club are worth a look at (or rather used to be)