Tack storage ifor 510?

Ched9310

Visit site
Hi,

Wondering if anyone has come up with any storage solutions for the 510?

I’ve heard the tack packs aren’t very good?

My partner is a fabricator so can help!

Concerned about building something in the nose of the trailer because of unloading the horses through the front ramp?

Any ideas or market ready solutions welcome!

TIA

Annagain

Visit site
The issue with the tack pack is that it takes up a lot of the exit space, especially if you have a big horse on the left hand side. A friend has one and if I share transport with her my horse has to go on the left as hers can only stand on the right. He's a big boy (and a big wuss so doesn't like anything to touch him on his way off the trailer) and we have to remove the tack pack to get him off. Storage is my one bug bear with the IW as I have a Defender and have to drop the jockey wheel to open the back door of the car every time. It drives me nuts and is the only reason I'm considering changing my trailer.

Sealine

Visit site
I have the door mounted tack pack on my 511. It isn't great to be honest as it's a bit of a squeeze to get two saddles into and I tend to put my tack in the car and use if for various bits and pieces, but if your partner is clever maybe you can design something similar yourself.

Annagain

Visit site
I have the door mounted tack pack on my 511. It isn't great to be honest as it's a bit of a squeeze to get two saddles into and I tend to put my tack in the car and use if for various bits and pieces, but if your partner is clever maybe you can design something similar yourself.

I think (or rather have assumed as it hasn't been done) that the jockey doors on the 510 are too narrow to have anything useful on them

Shoei

Visit site
I have a tackpack and I really like it however;

I only travel one horse and as such have removed the partition.
He comes out the European way... backwards! Meaning, he doesn't barge me out of the way but also, I don't need to remove the pack.
My dressage saddle was never going to fit in there... it travels in the car... but all the other paraphernalia, including stinky saddlecloths girth go in.
I can tuck allsorts around the back, like mucking out implements.

atropa

Visit site
I use a tack pack. Yes it's a bit tight for saddles but I do manage to get my 17.5 saddles in, haven't tried with two saddles (if I travel two I also put a Saddle Mate in the car boot). The thing that annoys me most about the tack pack is that the bridle hooks are essentially useless and inaccessible when a saddle is also in there..does anyone else find that?
Tack packs could be designed better but it is nice to have somewhere dedicated to store most of your kit. I bungee mine in the nose and then bungee my muck bucket and shovel in beside it. I unload the tack pack before I unload my big horse to make sure she has enough room.