Tack Storage

Claireg9

Visit site
Sorry if you've read this? but i got told it mught get a better response in here!
Cheers x

Hi all,
I'm posting this here as there seems to be most viewers.

Please can you help me, since we had our tack stolen i have decided my tack will need to come home to be in a safer environment. I dont have huge amounts of room at home so there for my tack will be stored in my bedroom, i am looking for a cheap tack locker/tack safe/tack storage for my room, it cant be massive and as i am having to replace all my tack im short on funds, i have seen a couple but none seem to be under £200!

I dont really need it to have a lock on it as its going to be at home but its really more to make it tidy, less hair and odur rather than to make it safe and secure!

Anyone that can help me find one? or maybe have one for sale?

Help much appreciated.

Claire x

rrose

Visit site
this is an idea.. if you have a wardrobe, buy a saddle rack and a bridle hook then attach it in there and vawla! ok... not i super great idea. but i have come across a small sorage unit, let me go find it for you.

Claireg9

Visit site
thank you, i have thought about this... am thinking i might be able to take the back off of a smaller pine cupboard (Back seems to be un sturdy) then cut the bottom where the skirt would be so it fits flush against the wall, then attach the saddle racks to the wall for sturdyness, couple of hooks on doors and it should be pretty well hid!
Mind you easier said than done.

Would love piccy's though thankies x

equibabe20

Visit site
At our yardwe have to have tack lockers for our tack dueto a recent break in. Most of us have the Robinsons lockers but they are expensive, but some of the owners have kitchen cupboards that they've put saddle and bridle racks in.

pottamus

Visit site
I keep mine at home and whilst not ideal...due to lack of room and money...my saddle fits very nicely over my stair bannister and my bridle over my spare bedroom door!!! All the rest of my stuff...spare clean rugs, numnahs etc go at the bottom of my wardrobe.

Happy Bird

community.webshots.com
I used to have a metal filing cabinet ..... you know, like one for stationery.. with two doors. Inside I put up two saddle racks - metal is very thin and you can drill through. The cabinets are lockable too. It depends where in your house you're going to put it as they're not too pretty.

Claireg9

Visit site
In my Bedroom, i still live with my parents so drapping tack around the house is not an option. I have only just persuaded my Pops to let me keep it in my bedroom!
We used to keep our tack in our garage when the horses were at home, but i dont feel safe with them in there now, as it has one padlock which is easy to cut off, plus it is an inconvinence at 5:30 am!!
(When i normally ride!)
some good thinking though keep them coming!

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Take a look in the numerous used office equipment places that are springing up. You will probably pick up something suitable from there quite cheaply. Hasps are cheap and easy to fit but don't buy a cheap padlack because that just negates everything you are trying to achieve. Best of luck.
smile.gif

clipclop

Visit site
I recently paid £25 an ex garage forecourt locker. (You know the type that has a roller door, like a massive bread bin. They generally sell coal & kindling wood in them). It was on Ebay.

Well for £25 I have got a big enough locker to keep all of my tack in. It is made of steel and I just had to fit a floor in it to make it rodent proof. I just had to then buy a nice monster padlock and my tack is now as secure as it possibley can be

This is one of the best things I have ever bought. I love it.
smile.gif

Cheers
C x

ps. I know this is probably too big for your bedroom, but have a browse around Ebay you will be amazed what you can find!
smile.gif