tack-up.co.uk? Problems?

Capriole

Visit site
Has anyone used them?

did you get your order?

I ordered from them 11 days ago now, their site says 1-2 days for order processing, then postage is 3-6 days.

On my account it says its still being processed :confused:

Ive emailed them last week and had no reply, just tried again but Im getting a bit windy here :(

Capriole

Visit site
&^*£ :mad:

website says no...

Temporarily Unavailable

The requested site is not currently available,
please try again later

I doubt I will see my order and Im not hopeful for my ££ either :(

Xanty

Visit site
I ordered some pig oil from them a few months ago. I didnt recieve my order and still havent had my money back. I havent been able to get in contact with them either. Do not order from them!!

cremedemonthe

Was Caterham on the Hill, Surrey now Wales
Visit site
Try getting on to trading standards, see if they can help.
If you paid by paypal, ask for a charge back, if credit card you should be protected some debit cards protect you too. Hope you get it sorted, Oz

ps, when pay online you should get a receipt confirmation, does it give you any info of their address on there or do you remember an address off the now defunct website?

Last edited:

cremedemonthe

Was Caterham on the Hill, Surrey now Wales
Visit site
This might help trace who is behind it

Server Location
Bluepark Solutions Ltd
England
Northampton
United Kingdom
52.25, -0.88

It has 2 DNS records, ns2.bluepark.co.uk, and ns1.bluepark.co.uk. The server is hosted by Bluepark Solutions Ltd (England, Northampton.) Its IP Number is 95.154.212.167. A time of 103 ms, is recorded in a ping test.

I found this on

http://urlspy.co.uk/www.tack-up.co.uk

I have found out who owns the domain name I will pm you their details and address at least it's somewhere to start looking, oz

Last edited:

Capriole

Visit site
thankyou for that :)

I went into the bank today and will be taking this further. I wont go into details in case tack-up are reading this, but Im not leaving it.

Organicjo

Visit site
Hi all!

I have now contacted Trading Standards & submitted a complaint online. I have also contacted BBC's Watchdog by email.

Their website is back up Snow Angel. They even have the cheek to have a Facebook page which was last entered by them on 23rd November, but noone has 'Liked' the page as yet. They also have a Twitter account, but no entries.

I paid by Google Checkout who don't offer buyer protection as Paypal does. I made a complaint to them also. I have warned others against them by leaving negative feedback via Google. I haven't been to my bank yet to see what further advice they can offer! Your credit card provider protects purchases of £100 or more!

I have all the details I can find on Tack Up Ltd, so far. Company reg no: 07723098 registered at 77 Denshaw Drive, Morley, Leeds, W Yorkshire, LS27 8RS. The faulty telephone service excuse is obviously a lie (0843 289 2831)! I did try the number, but was left holding for 10 minutes and it was not possible to leave a message as it kept bouncing back!! The directors are Jason Beanland and possibly Julia Clough. The only email to contact them on is beanlands@googlemail.com, but of course there is never a response!

The only other thing left for me to do now is write a letter via royal mail and then I have done all I could with the company so far!! If only I was close enough to pay a little visit..... I would (I live in Ipswich, Suffolk)!!!! I will keep emailing them (I have been polite so far) as none of them get returned so it must still exist (unless they are just not opening any of them!!). Hmph!!!

They must not be able to get away with this, and I'm sure there are plenty more innocent customers who have fallen foul of this company. They are definitely on the fiddle. Just spread the word to avoid this company at all costs... Any anybody who has been shafted by them must report it to Trading Standards for online purchases (I reported it to the service in West Yorkshire www.ts.wyjs.org.uk/wyjs-trading-buying-online.asp) and contact BBC's Watchdog. There may be many more of us victims out there than we realise...

I will let you know if I get a response from Watchdog, Trading Standards, Google Checkout and my bank!!

Does anyone live close enough to pay them a little visit?

The very best of wishes

Jo x :confused:

Capriole

Visit site
are you till online Jo?

Would you mind send me what you sent to watchdog? If I could use it as a template and adapt it to myself that would be grat.

Organicjo

Visit site
Hi Snow Angel!

Sorry.... No I don't have a copy of the email sent to Watchdog as I filled out a form online and didn't think to keep a copy.... I told them everything I could find out about the business and then explained what happened to me (I've kept all my email replies and notes of when I sent emails). I also explained that others had fallen victim, who are members of this forum (you are the only people I know of).

UPDATE:
I've just received an email in response to my last email to Tack up (where I threatened to report them to Watchdog, etc and told them how disgusted I am with them, etc)!! It says this:

"Good Morning,

I am Paula Stevenson and I have been instructed by Tack Up Ltd to resolve any issues regarding outstanding orders and keep you informed of any issues within in Tack Up.
Recently a few issues have arisen preventing a efficient service to customers. The owners have asked me to pass on their apologises to affected customers while these issues are going on and assure customers they will receive their orders as soon as possible. I have also been told of customers that have asked for a refund already and I will have this done promptly. You can contact me by replying to this email and I will aim to reply within 24 Hours.
We will also work with Tack Up Ltd to ensure a better customer service and assess there systems and policies, we will then construct a policy to ensure a faster delivery service, easier access to support both by email and telephone. We will work to have these changes implemented within the next few weeks.

Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.

Kind Regards

Paula Stevenson
On behalf of Tack Up Ltd"

From beanlands@googlemail.com

I just want my money back now as this is the worst experience I have had with an online company (I'll stick to the ones I know are legitimate)!!!!! As I assume I will receive this sooner (being done electronically) than the items I ordered in the first place! I am not interested in their 'issues' and will not be convinced they are sincere until they have definitely resloved not just mine, but everybody elses bad experience with them! I am not prepared to wait a further 'few weeks' either! I am hoping this email is for real or are they quaking in their boots because I've been hounding them?? :rolleyes:

So guys, email them again at beanlands@googlemail.com for the attention of Paula Stevenson. I'll reply to her right now.....

Jo x

Capriole

Visit site
latest on my order

Greetings from Tack-up.co.uk.

We would like to confirm that we have refunded the following items:

Am off to the bank to confirm in a mo.

scrunchie

Visit site
How long does it take for refunds to appear in bank accounts?

I've been following this thread as having similar problems with a non-horsey online retailer who claims to have given me a refund this morning. However, it is not yet in my account. :mad:

Capriole

Visit site
no idea scrunchie. Im only next door to the bank practically so Im going to have a look on the offchance its in already.

Ive got the email off tack up and one from the payment thingie, so so far it looks genuine.

do you have a confirmation email or was it over the phone you were told that? If phone ask for written confirmation its been refunded.

scrunchie

Visit site
no idea scrunchie. Im only next door to the bank practically so Im going to have a look on the offchance its in already.

Ive got the email off tack up and one from the payment thingie, so so far it looks genuine.

do you have a confirmation email or was it over the phone you were told that? If phone ask for written confirmation its been refunded.

Luckily I've got an email. I've been chasing this refund for the best part of a week now and keep being fobbed off so I'm not holding out much hope. :(

Organicjo

Visit site
Hi Scrunchie:

It may take up to 3 working days.... I got a refund from The Body Shop in 2 days! Don't give up!!!

Hi Snow Angel:

Blimey I got a prompt reply from my email to Paula Stevenson. I basically said send me my goods to arrive tomorrow or give me a refund, and then I added that gesture of goodwill should be included either way. I told her that I had advised others (you guys) to contact her and that the same should be applied to you!! Here's the response:

Hi Josephine,

Thank you for your email, I have taken your comments to the directors of Tack Up for their approval and I will do everything I can to get you a satisfactory ending to your issues, personally I also believe that a goodwill gesture should be put in place, but unfortunately i do not have the authority to do this but I will try to get this actioned.

We are working with Tack Up to resolve all the issues as quickly as possible and to get a new structure in place to prevent any future issues happening in the future, During this time we will implement many changes on the running of Tack Up. And how orders are dealt with, we have already setup a new shipping system that will begin in the new year, when we launch this, we will be able to cut delivery times down to around 3 days, but definitely no longer than 7 Days. Because we are confident about this new system we have suggested to Tack Up about offering a 7 day delivery guarantee on all their orders. The New Year will bring a lot of changes to Tack Up, with customer satisfaction being top priority.

As soon as i get a response from the directors regarding your order, I will be in touch to tell you how things will proceed.

Kind Regards
Paula

I will reply to this email..... Jeez! I am not interested in their implementations, I just want what is owed to me yesterday (Lol) and/or my money back! End of!! Are they now groveling to get back into our good books?! Grovel away...

Tsk!! :rolleyes:

Jo x

Capriole

Visit site
will be checking the bank again today to see if my refund has turned up yet, I know it can take a while, but I wont relax about this until I see it there in black and white...

Organicjo

Visit site
Crap! :mad:

Not a word from them today!

I've written 2 emails today.... no sniff of a reply! My last email, I've insisted on a refund now! I just want my money back pronto, forget the goods owed to me, etc!!!

Snow Angel: Even though you may not see an actual entry on your account, the bank may be able to tell you if a credit is on it's way in the pipeline ready to appear within those few working days? If nothing today, give it till Monday (I know it's crap having to wait the whole weekend, but try to put it out of your mind so that they don't tar your weekend!)?

Hmph!! :mad:

Jo xx

Organicjo

Visit site
Thanks Xmas In The Sun...

I'd already found that one and couldn't find any further info, other than the names of the directors and their months/years of birth and that the company's still active. :confused:

Boysy

Visit site
It's not a scam on-line shop but they are simply useless for anything, i did eventually get my order albeit 1 mth after i'd paid for it, you simply won't get any replies from Jason at all. They are a small on-line retailer only set up a couple of mths ago, i very much doubt they have the stock on site whatsoever so when you order something they have to go source it from elsewhere!

I actually had a bargain of a find from them, two Polite waistcoats for the princely sum of £24 including post! Of course all the prices are changed now as they obviously realised they simply couldn't source the items at such a knockdown price, the Polite retails at £22 or thereabouts so it was a bargainous saving for two that i got!............

Don't hold your breath.....................

Organicjo

Visit site
I'm wondering who Paula Stevenson is, who seems to be sorting out their mess!!?

I really do hope we all get our money back while they still have funds, before they decide to fold in this current economic climate and increasingly poor reputation as a business!!! Sounds like Paula Stevenson has her work cut out if it's her job to smooth matters out again to keep the company going!!!

All they need to do is communicate... pretty bad that she hasn't got back to me!! Deja vu!!

Oh well, I'm going to enjoy my weekend & not think about all this mess!

Have a top weekend everybody!

xx

Organicjo

Visit site
This is an email response I received back from Abbie Squires, the one Tack Up Ltd are supposed to be sponsoring (as blasted across their homepage). I explained to Abbie the problems we've been having with this company...

"Hi
I'm sorry to hear of the troubles your having. I too am having trouble
contacting Jason Beanland. Once I do I will pass on your emails to him and
hopefully try and help your situation.
Abbie"

Is anyone surprised here!?? This Jason Beanland is also ignoring his sponsee.... can it get any worse!?

I see on Trot Online, people have recently made purchases only to not receive their order and not be able to get through to the company!! What does this tell you!! There must be so many more people out there than we know about, who have been and are continually being shafted (it appears) by this company!! Lucky for the few who do receive their order... but for the few I know, have not heard a bean for over a month, despite emails. The fact that their phone line is conveniently out of order and there has been no response to emails, and they are still taking payment for online orders, tells me that it's more than being just incompetence!!

Capriole

Visit site
organicjo, happy to report my refund is showing on my account today. Lesson learnt on my part, dont just do a quick google to look for bad reviews LOOK AGAIN PROPERLY ;)

Organicjo

Visit site
Brilliant Snow Angel! Persistence does pay off in the end!! :D

They have finally written to me to confirm issue of refund! Now it's my turn to wait for it's appearance into my account Lol. No mention of that gesture of good will.... to be honest I will be glad when it's all over & I just cannot be bothered with them any longer! Yes I will be more careful with companies I am unfamiliar with and do Google searches for reviews/complaints/etc in the future.... As Snow Angel says, 'look again properly...'

I hope others out there get the same result! Write to Paula Stevenson at beanlands@googlemail.com and get ur refunds (roll up, roll up Lol). I am unsure if they have been contacting people off their own back, but those of you who are now in the know thanks to the two threads on this forum, just persist on getting your refund and then you can wash your hands of them just as I will! :rolleyes:

Cheerio for now

x :cool:

GEORGEY

New User
Visit site
I,ve had the same problem.Ordered goods on 1st Nov and these were not delivered, e mails not answered, phone calls not returned etc, etc. Luckily google checkout are refunding the money to me and tack-up can no longer use the google checkout service. Which I think says it all about this company !

If you search their postcode you can see the same problems from years ago but it appears they just changed their name. Try searching on their postcode..........

Organicjo

Visit site
Hi Georgey: Thanks! It appears they used to trade at that address as JB Removals & Storage with the JB standing for Jason Beanland I assume? I couldn't find any reviews unless I was looking in the wrong place...

Yup Google Checkout have discontinued their services with Tack Up. But on Facebook walls of Tack Up and Tack up Ltd, they've written this last Sunday 4th Dec:
Welcome to the new Tack Up Page. you will now notice that on the left hand menu we have a shop link. You can use the link to browse our products and to shop right here on face book. No need to abandon you chat or conversation with friends will your look for your much need equestrian goods. Please Note Do to this shop being new it is taking some time to add the products, so please bear with us while we get this done. Currently we have a slight issue with the card payment system in the facebook shop, but just select pay over the phone option and we will phone you with 24 hours to take your card payment. Please ensure you add a valid telephone number to your order, Many Thanks http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tack-Up-Ltd/260259437356522?sk=app_184217821649480

Now we all know why they have a "slight issue with card payment system" don't we!! :rolleyes: If you scroll further down their wall, on the same day they advertise a product for £299.99 and advise you to "pay at paypoint for faster delivery". They are really something :confused:

So just because they are issuing refunds, doesn't mean they can be trusted. I hope no-one falls foul and parts with their £299.99, etc etc!!! Their website contact page continues to show that their telephone system is out of order (except to make payments??). No sign of that gesture of goodwill (whatever that may have been), Paula Stevenson told me she'd look into....!

Looking forward to receiving my refund!!

x

Organicjo

Visit site
:)

Well hallelujah and Praise the Lord! I received a full refund today..... I just hope by some freak of nature they don't take it back Lol

So two months after I parted with my money, they've earned 2 months worth of interest while it sat in their bank account! Thanks for the lack of gesture of goodwill Tack Up! But no thanks, as I do not trust them to repeat history and it was somewhat stressful chasing you down & time wasting to say the least, in order to get some action! And to date, no proper explanation! Do they think it will all blow over and people will forget?! All you had to do Tack Up was communicate and it didn't take an arm & a leg to make the refunds which could have been done alot sooner especially if we paid via Google!! No excuses!! I just hope they have contacted 'everybody' to refund them their money!!!! You have only yourselves to blame Tack Up/Jason Beanland! Sayonara :rolleyes:

Take care peepz :)