Tack

Claireg9

Visit site
Ok so after todays mishaps im looking for new tack!
Knowing what i now know about my little girl id like to get a comfort bridle as she hates poll pressure!
Anyone know of any good ones? Preferably with a grackle nose band but i can buy that seperately!
also i need another brand new close contact jumping saddle. Now my legs are short so i either need one that has short flaps or one that can be made to measure! Any suggestions? ?Not sure whether to go for the same one again or not?

Tempi

Visit site
have the insurers said they will pay out then?

I wouldnt go buying stuff until you know whether your stuff has been found/insurers will pay (unless you are rich that is!!)

But, bridle wise i have a sabre comfort and its lovely - you will have to buy a comfort with a gackle built in, as otherwise it will defeat the object!

Claireg9

Visit site
o right ok, the insurers are sending me a claims form. I wont buy anything just yet, but no harm in looking. I will need to buy some eventually anyway unless im just going to look at her from now!
Insurers really do want to be paying out or im gonna be so mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll look at Sabre's website!
Thanks x

MillionDollar

Visit site
I have a John Whitaker burgandy Super Deluxe Mexican Bridle (JW-4), full size that i'd like to sell. I paid £120 a month ago for it and its in good as new condition, as only used about twice, but im open to offers so it will be a bargain. The colour goes fantastically on my grey mare, it looks really smart. Also it has a lovely padded headpiece. If anyone is interested please PM for details.
smile.gif

emelia

Visit site
Heritage comfort bridles are fab - about £50 and super leather, really soft and very well padded. Not sure if they come with a grackle tho. If not I had a treadstone confort grackle that was also very nice, again about £70? Just bought a John Whitaker Avanzata close contact jumping saddle - really chuffed with it - very small, really comfy and it weighs nothing so horse things its great!!!! can actually lift on and off with one hand - fab!!!! I hope your insurers pay out.... mine have an exemption as there are more than 4 horses at yard and the tack room has a padlock instead of a deadlock - any excuse not to pay that lot!!!!!

Claireg9

Visit site
That will be to big for my mare but i will print it out and put it up on our board for anyone else that might need it!
(Some didnt have insurance at all so second hand will probably be the line they take for now!)
So might be of some interest to a few people.
Thank you
Claire

Claireg9

Visit site
You must be with E&L? A few up our yard will not get a pay out because of that in the small print! Im hoping NFU are a little more honest. We told them exactly what every lock was like, and what the security was like and that we was on a yard of 30+!
So fingers are securely crossed!
JW saddle, she wore one of those when i tried her out, and yes it was light! Might try a couple of those out as she seemed to go well in them, and she's had a few back issues of late!
Thanks for reminding me!
As to bridles i'll take a look at there website's, i also want silver fittings and alot come with brass these days
mad.gif

Thanks for all your info!
Claire x

Claireg9

Visit site
i sore that too... the only thing is it comes in tan! I would like black really. might ask if they do them in black too. Also cant make out what colour the metal bits are so will have to ask about that too!