Tags...

Mid

www.just-dreaming.webs.com
I'm thinking that if and when we get our shared cob, I could tag his stuff? I wanted to have a nameplate attatched to his headcollar, but that costs too much, so I thought I might just get some inscripted dog tags from the key cutter, and attatch one to his saddle, and one to his headcollar? Do you think this is a good idea, or could you reccomend anything better?
wink.gif
He'd be turned out all year round so it'd have to be pretty durable, and not get caught on anything...

sevenoceans

Visit site
Dog tags do the justice... i did it while my horse was at college (with me) it lasted 2 years, I have tagged my headcollar cos it's in the wrong name (previous horse's name on nameplate) and people get it wrong!

Also useful thing with dogs tags on bridle/saddle is if u fall off out hacking and pony is found wandering in someone's field, they could easily get hold of you or yard if u put number in it aswell.

Ferdinase514

Visit site
Is a very good idea. Finni dumped me in the park on Xmas day and then legged it (he really is a perfect gentleman, isn't he?!) Luckily was caught by dog walker and I found then quivering 10mins later. Had I not have done goodness knows how I would have found him!

He know has tags on his saddle.

Chex

Visit site
I got name tags years ago when I went to PC camp so noone could nick my tack. I think they're still attached to my saddle and old bridle (I should really know if they are, I'm obviously not very observant!). They've lasted about 6 years and are still readable and intact. I wouldn't bother with one on a headcollar personally. I'm going to get my number put on his tack incase I do ever fall off and he runs away.