Taken the plunge and feeling scared already!!

Jazzy B

Visit site
Having completely lost my bottle about jumping, I have taken the plunge and booked a grid work/jumping lesson with a group of ladies at my local riding school who have a monthly confidence giving jumping lesson. Am very scared and now have all week to worry about it as not till Saturday I need some good vibes!!!!!

ROMANY 1959

Visit site
Enjoy, wear body protector for comfort and dont be made to do anything that you are not happy with.
I have dentist for a tooth out on wens,, far rather do a jumping lesson!! LoL

LaurenM

Visit site
You'll be fine - just wear a body protector & try to relax in the meantime! Just focus on your end goal & how proud you will be once you have achieved it.

sophiebailey

Visit site
I think I get exactly the same fear as you about jumping!!! I work myself up for AGES about it, until I ask myself 'what's the worst that can happen??' Then I realise the worst that can happen is that I fall off, and I've fallen off a million times before so what makes this one so scary?! Then I feel better :) as all of the other ladies have said just relax and see it as a positive step forward for you, I'm sure if you speak to the other ladies they might have similar fears!! :) xxx

SaharaS

Visit site
Very random answer for you but few things that might work! The sports diamond or sports triangle..its a way of thinking if you suffer from nerves eg before a competition/skiing whatever...a thought process that you go through that can be applied to anything & it really does work...I just can't remember where I found it!:)

Rescue remedy/lavender on your temples (or sniff it!)

also a book about hypno birthing which i also can't remember off hand...I'm not much good am I!!!..similar thought process...but don't forget if your instructor yells at you to push on a bit / breath....remember you are on a horse so diferent push!!!!(this may make you laugh while riding which will relax you!...just don't get hysterics & lose it completely!

oh and breathing...I used to hold my breath showjumping as I didn't like people watching me close up...always a good idea to breath!xx

Captain Bridget

Visit site
I used to be very nervous jumping but I joined a ladies evening lesson and we all had a laugh. No-one wanted to jump big, just getting through a grid of 2'3 was enough for most of us. We all encouraged each other and there was never any pressure.

Remember to breathe, sit up, leg on, you'll be fine! Enjoy yourself!

Jazzy B

Visit site
Well, had my grid work/ jumping lesson today and quite frankly could bounce of the ceiling right now apart from the fact am so completely shattered as hardly slept a wink last night as was so stressed:D He was absolutely brilliant even thought I was shaking like a leaf on top of him. Started with trotting poles and at the end I jumped a cross pole bounce - tiny I know but honestly I would have been quite pleased just to have done canter poles and finished in one piece!!! On cloud nine right now, this is why we have horses for moments like this!!! :)