Taking horse to be vetted...

Irish_horse

Visit site
...in an hour or so, sorry if this sounds silly, but never had horse vetted before, anything in particular i should bring with me aside from his passport?? Am selling him soon enough fingers crossed, feel quite nervous, praying he'll find nothing up with him, no real reason to, but am just paranoid and so stressed out...
crazy.gif

dieseldog

Visit site
Getting a horse vetted is horrible, doesn't matter if you had it vetted when you bought him and there is nothing wrong with it, it is still nerve wracking

Good luck.

Irish_horse

Visit site
Thanks guys, much appreciated, can't even eat anything am so nervous, have him bout 5 and a half years and never a thing up with him, always been sound as a pound touch wood, but still...should be doing xray to see if he has arthritus in his shoulder/elbow or not, am praying not, will make everything so much easier, ill let you know how it goes..

Irish_horse

Visit site
Well he passed thank god, sound as a pound, flexion tests and all. Very slight whistle on lunge, scoped him and he has borderline asymmetry of the left side of larynx but overall said it showed good range of movement and shouldn't cause any trouble for hunting/riding club activities. He was a star, very well behaved and im absolutely relieved it went well. Thank you all so much for your replies!!

Hey niamhy, hows murph keeping, all well i hope? Yeah it was a bit of a sudden decision really, but i know its for the best, college is just getting a bit much, im shattered tired and its such a waste to have him do nothing but stand in the field for most of the week. I can tell you it'll be a fair few years before i'll ever consider buying another horse, this is breaking my heart..
frown.gif

Niamhy

photobucket.com
Hiya, glad he passed, Id say you are going to be fairly upset when he leaves.

Murph is not too good Im afraid, he is lame, and I got x-rays taken, and he has side bone and ring bone all in the one foot.

Hes been off since the start of september, and I now have kinda decided to give him the winter off. Im riding another horse atm, shes ok, no Murph though!

Irish_horse

Visit site
I'm so sorry to hear that Niamhy, haven't been on here much lately, poor murph, whats the prognosis in the long term, could he be used for light work in future? Glad to hear you still have a horse to ride out, best of luck with her x

Niamhy

photobucket.com
Personally Im not really holding out much hope, maybe very light hacking, but I could be proved wrong. Have to get the vet out again in another few weeks. So we'll see from there!