Taking the Mick

lisan

pets.webshots.com
Hacked May yesterday morning, got about half a mile up the road, she stopped, we battled for about 15 mins, very annoyingly had to give in. Made her walk up a long drive and back, then let her head for home. she did'nt spook, jog, nice and relaxed - she knows my leg is still broked and completely took the p**s.

So today, tried again, went a different route, got about the same distance from home and she started again, mini rears and spinning round, beautiful leg yields in the homeward direction, trotting on the spot - was determined not to give in today. Made her walk backwards, turned a few small circles then, made her stand, then she just gave in! Off we went had a lovely hack! Very well behaved.

Cheeky Mare, has'nt done that since last xmas, she knows my leg is'nt right and just tries it on! But it did feel good to win the battle today
grin.gif

Cobnut1

Visit site
What's wrong with your leg? well done in winning the battle..... hope she doesn't start again, otherwise it may well turn into something bigger!!

Skhosu

Visit site
lol...and I suspect riding is a bad thing to be doing?!
Tell your doctor the story, and take a picture of his face dropping!
Glad to hear you got her past the next day.

Lottie7

Visit site
Wll done and you've given me hope. My homebred 16 yr old has suddenly developed a "unhelpful" streak after previously spending time in professional yards whilst competing. He knows I haven't got the talent of his previous riders and is testing the boundaries. Scary stuff. I have to keep reminding myself that I broke the little s*d in many years ago. Although I have to say, he was much better behaved back then. Anyway, I'm currently rejoicing in any small battle I win. At the moment it's one all plus one compromise.

Good luck.....

Hornby

Visit site
Cheeky madam! Have you decided to sell her to the girl who was keen or are you keeping her and reminding her who is boss?!

lisan

pets.webshots.com
I would let her go to the right home, its just finding it!, but in the meantime, will keep hacking/schooling and start with some BHS Trec! Are you doing that one at Valients next month Hornby?

The girl from my yard is very keen, but not sure her mother is lol!! So I said I would take her to a couple of comps so she can jump May for me.

Hornby

Visit site
Yes, doing the TREC on 5th Nov - practising with "Low branches" = bamboo poles stuck into the side of the dutch barn, footbridge = plywood on the ground, string gate, rein back poles and "ditch" = feed bags between poles. However, she finds Valiants a spooky arena when we go there for the dressage so whether she will remember her lessons remains to be seen! (and I hope we finish b4 we have fireworks to handle too!!)
smile.gif