Talent Selections report with Breitlingh!

Four Seasons

Visit site
Breitlingh and I headed all the the up to Friesland (Frisianland), which is a whopping 3 hours and 15 minutes drive from where I live.:eek: We entered the Bit Talent Selections. Bit is a huge horse magazine over here and every year they organise a talent-day with Adelinde Cornelissen and her team. She selects the talents and her team tests our stamina, fitness etc.

Firt I had to do a "fitness test". This included boxing, ballet, yoga and other sports, that did not amuse me. I was melting.... I thought I was quite fit, riding 4-5 horses a day, but I was rubbish! Whoops! I wasn't very good at boxing, balancing on the yoga ball was more my thing, ballet/dancing was quite fun and the seriously devastating coordination sport at the end just p*ssed me off, as I couldn't get the hang of it.

There were some funny things though. One of the tests was if you could defend yourself, so they said, who-ever can pinch the most socks of everybodys feet, is the winner. 10 girls.... all really wanting eachothers socks.... I have scratches all over my feet!

The other one was funny, but very tiring. We had to through a ball up in the air, turn a circle, touch the floor and then catch the ball. And they let a dog loose.... if the dog caught a ball, we all had to do 10 push-ups. I think we did 50 push-ups in total.........

I'm in the background of this vid, grey sweater, white jods, looking very tired. We had to do this I think 30 times!
http://www.bitmagazine.nl/media/adelinde-talentendag-2/

And here a vid of me and Breitlingh actually in the arena!
[video=youtube;P1F5vo3EXCE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1F5vo3EXCE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

This was the beautiful arena!
https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1511089_634907773218296_1320153126_n.jpg

And some trainingpics from this morning!
SAM_1858.jpg

SAM_1927.jpg

SAM_1951.jpg

SAM_1901.jpg

SAM_1961.jpg

SAM_1904.jpg

Our next competition is on the 5th of January! Ended 2013 just how I wanted it to end, we have got much more experience, we are now a team together and we have fun!:cool:

DonkeyClub

Visit site
WOW! Sounds a fantastic experience, I wish we had something like that here - I would love to do something like that. Especilly the fitness/ co ordination/ games thing is really interesting. How did you get on?

Brightlingh is looking a lot more secure and established- I love her looseness and lightness :)

Four Seasons

Visit site
I didn't get selected. They had to choose 4 riders out of 250 riders, so it was obvious they were going for the higher levels or semi-pro's. It was a great experience though!

Breitlingh is 7, 8 in May. She is getting much stronger now! She just needs to turn her pushing-power into carrying-power, so we can get on with the collection. But I am very pleased how she is going at the moment!

Four is doing just fine! Still got his balls, sometimes he can get a bit cocky though. I've been on him a few times, but just took it easy as he was growing a lot. Now he is much more developed, looking like a proper horse now! He isn't far under Breitlingh, she is 17.1 hh (but quite finely built), Four is probably as wide as a bull now! I guess 1.66 m now? No idea what it is in hands. From tomorrow onwards he is going into full-working mode, so definetely you'll see some pics come by sometime soon!