Talk about ups and downs...

measles

Visit site
What a mixed weekend we have had. I do try and stay positive - a challenge this weekend - so I'll start with good news and our new just backed 3 rising 4yo gelding passed the vet on Saturday and we're quite excited about having him to produce for an eventing career. He's really well bred - old and young proven irish TB with a bit of King of Diamonds and Olympic SJ'er thrown in - and my favourite colour!

Micky.jpg

He does have a tail but the wind caught it when the pic was taken! He's 16hh now with a bit of growing to do looking at the height he is behind.

So, the not so good news... At a RC show yesterday my mother fell coming out of the cab of our Scania horsebox - a fair height :( - and has broken her leg just below the hip. She is the cornerstone of all we do, keeping everyone fed and all of the domestic things on track so will be hugely missed as she recovers and hugely frustrated. All of the hospital staff couldn't believe she was the age she is and thought her at least 15 years younger. Being asked repeatedly what year she was born in brightened the experience enormously for her :D

So, huge vibes for her needed as it is being pinned today. B plans to give the lorry step a very serious telling off when he gets back from school....!

Jules19

Visit site
Couldn't read without responding. All very best wishes to your mother, by the sounds of it she will bounce back quickly, but it is horrid to see your parents helpless, awful feeling :(

The new boy looks really rather lush!

Nicnac

Visit site
Good luck with the new boy (lovely) and commiserations to your mother - horrible :( Hope she recovers as quickly as somebody who is 15 years younger!

TarrSteps

Visit site
New horse is very fancy! And nothing to wash!

Oh no re your Mum!! :( How awful for her. Everything crossed she makes a speedy recovery.

TableDancer

Visit site
Desperate news re your Mum, I do hope it isn't too painful and the surgery goes well today. And commiserations to you too, after all you have so much leisure time builtinto your schedule ;) We do somehow manage to get through these things, although they can seem insurmountable at times...

I got your text, we need to chat on the phone I ithink when you have a minute...

Meantime, healing and calmness vibes winging their way to your Mum and you respectively...

Baggybreeches

www.photobucket.com
Aw no, that is awful poor mum :( Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery xx
Maybe now is the time to try for a loyalty bonus at the chip shop?
Am struggling with the positive thoughts myself today, after my sister losing her Fell to a broke leg on Thursday, and then yesterday my mum's mare was found in the field with a massive laceration to her front leg :( Vet came out and probed it it's very deep (goes from just below her knee down to just above her fetlock joint), really crossing our fingers that we've got everything out, in addition she has a chunk missing from her coronet, so the poor girl is going to be on boxrest for the forseeable. :(

kirstykate

Visit site
Love the new boy. Wishing your Mum a super speedy recovery, Bet you have the local take aways on speed dial, and you will be on forst name terms soon:D

Talk about ups and downs of this season, i would crash the forum:D:D.xx

Escada2004

Visit site
Not good news re your mum - really hope she has a fast recovery and everything goes well today! Im sure she will pull through at just the thought of you all starving to death ;)

New boy looks lovely - look forward to the comp reports on him :D

EventingMum

Visit site
Firstly, what a nice young horse - I'm sure you'll have lots of fun producing him and no white is a definite bonus!

More importantly best wishes to your Mum, I hope she gets well looked after in hospital and makes a good recovery. It sounds she is a much appreciated and valuable part of your set up which is lovely - I'm a great believer in family values (I still miss my Mum dreadfully after losing her unexpectedly 19 yrs ago). My Dad has always been very involved with my horsey endeavours and now his health prevents him doing things I realise how lucky I was when he was active. Hopefully your Mum will be back to full strength for next season when, fingers crossed, the sun will shine :)

measles

Visit site
Thanks, everyone, for your support. I would thank you individually but don't know how to do the multiple quotes thing.

I will keep you up to speed on Micky's adventures though we'll be taking it slowly as he isn't 4 until next year.

Our new puppy, to top it all off, has decided that chewing wires and carpet are the best things ever to do, just to keep me on my toes.... :O

Joss

Visit site
Oh no your poor Mum - ouch what a thing to happen I bet that gave everyone a huge shock & what a hellish bit to break. I hope her 'young' bones knit quickly. When I met her I thought she must have had her children very young to be old enough to have an 18(?) year old grandson!!!!

Yet another lovely youngster (nice colour;)) Just slightly too big for me:D

Very best wishes to everyone xx

dafthoss

Visit site
Oh no sending plenty of get well soon vibes to your mum. Hopefully her being as active as she is will help in her speedy recovery, little B is so cute telling the lorry off, I hope it survived!

New horse is lovely but as some one else said all measles horses are.