Talk to me about

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
Acavallo Opera Stirrups.

Who has tried them and who liked them? Also what’s the chance I could get a Scottish flag badge for them if I do buy them ??

I like the look of them and they would do what I wanted without too much of a price tag ?

Roxylola

Visit site
I like mine, I have a set for both saddles. If I'm being fussy, my foot is more flat than heels down in them. They feel really secure on my foot though, they never budge but don't feel horribly too grippy. I never thought I'd be a fan of lightweight stirrups but after I had a ride on a friend's horse with them I was sold.
My owner likes them as she has knee problems and she finds they help with that

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
I like mine, I have a set for both saddles. If I'm being fussy, my foot is more flat than heels down in them. They feel really secure on my foot though, they never budge but don't feel horribly too grippy. I never thought I'd be a fan of lightweight stirrups but after I had a ride on a friend's horse with them I was sold.
My owner likes them as she has knee problems and she finds they help with that

That sounds promising. I have developed a rather annoying hip issue, some of it is sports wear and tear and some of it is my weight. The weight thing is inhand but I may still require some assistance in repairing it once back to a better weight. Could also be hereditary since my dad has issues with the same hip or it could just be my years of gymnastics and competitive badminton along with horse riding has caught up with my in my 30s ???

FireCracker238

Visit site
I love mine too. I always had a bad habit of letting my stirrups fall back into the arch of my foot so the Opera's have helped with that hugely but as said up thread they aren't too grippy so can still drop them in a hurry if required

Wizpop

Visit site
I love mine. I got them after riding in lightweight stirrups on another horse. I have a right leg that likes to creep up if it gets the chance, and the stirrups seem to have helped with this somehow(?) I do think they seem to help my hip on that side which can be painful due to having been broken. I’m not sure of the science behind that, if there is any, but I really like them. As for a Scottish flag, I really dont’ know but you could always ask?!

Fluffypiglet

Visit site
Just had a quick look and unfortunately they don't appear to have a Scottish flag available so you'll probably have to make your own!! I like the look of these and would like something lighter than my current irons but what is safe about these? I can't see anything that suggests any safety features (unless I'm being daft, which is possible) ?

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
I had some and loved them for achey hips knees and ankles, plus they helped me keep my feet where they should be...until the day my horse unexpectedly marched away from the mounting block when I had just my left foot in the stirrup, they were so grippy I couldn't get my foot out and had to hop along side him going backwards until I managed to get him to stand! Imagine - 5'4" me hopping alongside 17.3 horse with one foot high above me stuck in the damn stirrup - not a pretty sight lol! but from what I know of your sporting ability and general fitness level CC I dont think that would be a problem for you;)

I think that particular grippy cheese grater was just too grippy for someone as old and un- athletic as me. I sold them and treated myself to a pair of the Flexon-Safe on with the plastic foot bed rather than the metal one. That was last summer and they are still sitting brand new and unused in the box because the week they arrived was the week I had my accident! I WILL get better - I WILL ride again - I WILL use them! :eek::D

asmp

Visit site
Just had a quick look and unfortunately they don't appear to have a Scottish flag available so you'll probably have to make your own!! I like the look of these and would like something lighter than my current irons but what is safe about these? I can't see anything that suggests any safety features (unless I'm being daft, which is possible) ?
I was about to buy these last year but then I found a website that was offering 25% off so went for the Acavallo Alupro stirrups instead as they have the safety feature. I really like them.

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
I’m liking all the positive reviews ???

hmmmm how to pitch them to OH for my birthday when I’m all ready angling for money towards a point2 ?????

Safety - always use the safety pitch, works a treat with my OH. I have to confess to a few minor porkies in the past when justifying huge expense on something horse related lol!

flat3

Visit site
I had 2 pairs, one each for my dressage and jumping saddles. I really liked them; comfy and secure. I rode in a friend's FreeJumps and didn't find them any better ??‍♀️

I need different stirrups now due to ankle surgery. I've sold one pair and will be selling the other in a month or so.