talking of petitions would you sign one on this subject

Sags_Deer

Somewhere in the hills in the sunny south
Visit site
speed limits around the lanes i think all lanes should be 40mph, im really fed up with car drivers coming past way too fast espcially when taking kids out on their ponies. its crazy and im sure its the city peeps coming the country thinking they own the lanes and also sat nav is a nightmare. what do you reckon. x

_OC_

Visit site
Yep I would,have to ask so many times for cars to slow down,it is madness,and, seem to go fast when they hit a country lane!
frown.gif

mlhill2002

New User
Visit site
Yes, I would sign one. When I was younger I used to drive like an arse around country lanes, it was only good luck that I didnt kill anyone. Now (hypocrasy??) it makes me so angry when I see people doing the same.

The only propblem with speed limits is they dont get properly enforced, but I guess thats another subject in its own right

Good luck campaigning

MIke

Sooty

Visit site
Conversely, we live up a narrow lane with a national limit. It is a mile long and serves three houses, two at the far end. It is popular with dog walkers, and we always slow down and pull over when passing them - inevitably to be glared at for daring to drive where they are walking! If you did 40mph you'd bounce into a ditch...

calon

Visit site
i would sign i believe all rds should have their own spead limit the national one is too fast for most rds

magic104

www.jc-countryside.co.uk
I cant understand how anyone thinks it safe to drive at any speed above 30 around country lanes. You very often find pot holes, which when meeting an oncoming car can be difficult to avoid. And if the road is winding you can end up hitting the oncoming car as someone found out the other day! Because they could not slow down quick enough & the road is so narrow. So I would be happy to sign, as 60 is way too high.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
speed limits around the lanes i think all lanes should be 40mph

[/ QUOTE ]

They should be bloody 30mph max! Drives me up the pole too. So yes, would definately sign a petition about this.
mad.gif

PeterNatt

s68.photobucket.com
There is a scheme called the 'Quiet Lanes Scheme' where local communities can ask for the speed limit in and around a village to be reduced to 20 m.p.h. The Trasport act 2000 gave new powers to local authorities enabling them to designate areas as quiet lanes where walkers, cyclists and horse riders are given greater priority and speed limits are reduced.

For further information contact Wendy Otter at the Countryside Agency Tel: 01242 533364 or visit the website www.quiet-roads.gov.uk/site/index.htm