Tall narrow natives, Arab?

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I'm toying with the idea of getting a third horse, (could be a youngster), especially if the market collapses this year. I fancy a native but I'm tall, and my hips won't allow me to ride a wide horse who will take up my leg, so I need some height not to have my feet round their knees ?

Are there any narrower, taller natives?

There is the most stunning bay Highland stallion who has just been turned out with a group of mares including a lovely dark buckskin a mile or so down the road but i know the offspring will be too wide, they are both solid hunks!

I'm also tempted by an Arab. I've had one before and they are lovely creatures.

Ideas? I think 15 hands would be absolute minimum.

You can turn this into a 'find me a horse' if you like ?

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Having 2 arabs myself I would say they tend to be wide both mine wear an xx wide saddle, I used to ride Welsh they were quite wide but you can find the finer type which may suit you better.

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
I was going to say, what about a Connemara..?? They seem to be nice little things..???
I personally LOVE Sec Ds ❤❤❤ Too much attitude and not enough height for me personally though. Some Arabs are taller, I guess it depends on their lines..???
What's the budget..??? I will get hunting lol

Visit site
Connie? New Forest x .... ? Imagine an NF x arab/anglo-arab, NF x TB or NF x WB would suit?

Draw up a list of wants/don't wants and lots of us will go window shopping for you!

ycbm

Visit site
Having 2 arabs myself I would say they tend to be wide both mine wear an xx wide saddle, I used to ride Welsh they were quite wide but you can find the finer type which may suit you better.

Saddle width isn't the issue, my Appyx is in a wide wide, but he's narrower through my knees, with a huge ribcage further back. I'm told this is 'baroque type shape and it suits me perfectly.

ycbm

Visit site
I was going to say, what about a Connemara..?? They seem to be nice little things..???
I personally LOVE Sec Ds ❤❤❤ Too much attitude and not enough height for me personally though. Some Arabs are taller, I guess it depends on their lines..???
What's the budget..??? I will get hunting lol

I'm not sure the tall Arabs are 'real' Arabs? Any views anyone?

ycbm

Visit site
OK, find me an Arab or a Section D, not a grey or a bright chestnut with white, any age but prefer at least 2, prefer male, to mature an absolute minimum 15 hands, budget max £2000.

HashRouge

Visit site
OK, find me an Arab or a Section D, not a grey or a bright chestnut with white, any age but prefer at least 2, prefer male, to mature an absolute minimum 15 hands, budget max £2000.
You'll massively narrow the field with Arabs if you won't have a grey - it's the most common colour by far! Especially if you're looking for a taller one. I say this thinking ruefully of my mare, who was supposed to be any colour apart from grey....;).

I do know someone with a couple of purebreds she might sell BUT they are both grey. Really nice though and great temperaments - I know them pretty well.

ycbm

Visit site
You'll massively narrow the field with Arabs if you won't have a grey - it's the most common colour by far! Especially if you're looking for a taller one. I say this thinking ruefully of my mare, who was supposed to be any colour apart from grey....;).

I do know someone with a couple of purebreds she might sell BUT they are both grey. Really nice though and great temperaments - I know them pretty well.

Grey is a complete no, I will not even view, the melanoma issue is too big at my age.

ycbm

Visit site
How flexible are your colour preferences? There's some nice looking Arab mares on horse mart who fit but they are chestnut with white....

Eta particularly this one https://www.horsemart.co.uk/lovely-arab-mare/Horses/602325

Eta 2 THIS ? ?http://www.adhorse.co.uk/horseforsale_68594.html

(sorry I'll be sensible ....)

Husband has banned me from ever owning another chestnut and white, every one I've ever owned or known has been mentally more difficult than other horses. My favourite vet agrees!

DirectorFury

Visit site
You should be able to find a D that fits your spec quite easily for £2k. There’s not loads advertised at the minute but I’ll keep an eye out :).
If you don’t mind buying direct from stud then Maesmynach would be worth contacting, though it’ll be a fair journey for you to view as they’re west Wales.