talland

iluvhunting

Visit site
has anyone been 2 talland for lessons or as a working pupil ? i was planning on goin for a year as a workin pupil but after a weeks trial there i wasnt impressed and am not going any more . was wonderin if anyone had any views on it?

teapot

Visit site
Have never ridden at Talland but have heard very very good things about it on all aspects.

Just a thought - were you at the old yard or the new yard? As they've just moved to a bigger premises etc

highville

Visit site
Ooh i love Talland! Ok its bloody hard work, and can seem VERY depressing at times, but the quality of teaching is fantastic, and all the students were really nice when I was there last year. Did you meet Greg and La La?! Is Vicky the hippy still there?

Finns

Visit site
I did a four month course there about 4/5 years ago now - my career break before becoming a solicitor - so that was on the old yard. Haven't been to the new yard yet - but will be on sunday!
it's incredibly hard work but I made some great friends and rode some fantastic horses. Before I went there I learnt to ride on riding school ponies, was incredibly nervous and could just about get things on the bit. Going there gave me the experience to be able to go and get my own pony and the confidence to go and compete (which I'd never done before)

So all in all a thumbs up!

highville

Visit site
Would definately agree with that, riding good horses every day (good ole 9 and 10 o'clocks!) makes such a difference to your riding. Was Justine there when you were?

iluvhunting

Visit site
yes i went 2 the new place. didnt perticaly like the set up as if i had decided i was goin there 4 a year my 5year old horse wud have been out 4 an hour each day rest of 23 hours he wud hav been lookin at a blank wall. it was hard work with not much in return and alot of the pp i spoke 2 didnt like it. yes i did meet greg and lala nice ppl and i fink vicky was stil there and cudnt wait 2 leave. it seemed like a reli gud place 2 go if u didnt have ur own horse tho.