Tango makes his NI Dressage Debut

sportsmansB

Visit site
Mostly I lurk, and try and reply to the odd post, but I thought finally I would introduce my little horse and our first competition report!

So my current little project, who arrived about 12 weeks ago all ribs and rainscald, was finally fit for public viewing
He is a 5yo by Jupiter du Thot, not done a lot but the sweetest attitude
We entered for two tests at the registered dressage (because it happens to run at our yard- not because we thought we were good enough lol) in the unregistered class

He warmed up fantastically well given that all these strange big fancy horses were in 'his' arena!

Test 1 was prelim 7 in the indoor- and apart from breaking in one canter and not really stretching in the free walk I was delighted with him
Test 2 was Dressage Ireland Prelim 8 (long arena) - quite a testing one for his first time, and apart from one clatter over the boards around A, and again not much good in the free walk, he did a grand test.

So when we got the results.. we got 73% in the first test- delighted! Won our section so got a red rosette too
59.7% in the second one, little bit disappointed as the original aim was 60% in each but given there were 2 double walk marks and ours was not very good, I came around to still being pleased :)

Here is his pretty little face and his first centre line in the second test:
attachment.php

attachment.php

sportsmansB

Visit site
Thanks Farcical :)
I have had a few youngsters to bring on and so far have been happy to wave them off to their lovely (carefully chosen) new homes... but this little guy is doing his best to stick around!!!