tansport from Goresbridge...

show_jumper

Visit site
hi there.

does anyone know roughly how much it costs to transport a horse from the sales at goresbridge back to Berkshire??
thanks

c7mlm

Visit site
i think its about £200 now. when you get there all the transport companys will be there in attendance. ask them which way they come back as some go to scotland and down, i used to use one that went to wales and then the horses only had a smaller journey to get to SE

KatB

Visit site
3 yrs ago I got mine from Just north of Dublin to my yard (Nottingham) for £200 all inclusive. Seems to be the normal rate
smile.gif

SillyMare

Visit site
Think we paid about £200 for Dunlops about 4 years ago (the last time we were there). Their service was absolutely fine.

The lorry was very large (12 horse I think), well ventilated with decent high ceilings.

Our horses arrived very tired (they were only 3 year olds - very long drive!). Otherwise bother were absolutely fine.

fernando1

New User
Visit site
John Doran is your man for that job his number is 00353862200086 he has a yard near ferry in rosslare attends all sales will have an ad in sales catalogue as well very professional outfit

show_jumper

Visit site
fab - thanks for all the info! out if interest - how much would the ferry from fishguard to rosslare be for an HGV truck?? just curious about costs of doing it yourself.... thanks

druid

Visit site
Expensive - you pay per ft and it's usually well into £1200+

I just paid €450 for transport Eire-UK

show_jumper

Visit site
cool - thanks.....

also............ anyone know who can transport a mare with foal at foot? or how much that might cost - sorry about all the questions!!!!

catnumber5

Visit site
There is one recommendation for a transport company on here that I wouldn't touch with a very long barge pole. Most unprofessional.

Choose carefully, not just on price.