Tattersalls at Newmarket

evsj

Visit site
Sorry if this is the wrong forum but for the attention of racing peeps.

I have to go up to Newmarket on Thursday to the Tattersalls and according to the catalogue the sale begins at 10.30 a.m. Does anyone know whether this is the actual time that the first horse should go through or are there 'prelims'?

Just trying to work out how I am going to get there! (Very reluctant to take car cos of traffic!!)

seabiscuit

Visit site
That is the time that the sale begins and that the first horse is through the auction ring!
Traffic and parking will be fine, there is loads of parking to be found on the streets outside Tatts.
Are you buying?

evsj

Visit site
Neigh - making sure that a client gets the correct value for two of her horses. One is valued at 30-40k and she's worried it may be undersold.

It's not normally the sort of thing we do in our office but because I know (something) about horses, I have been asked to go! I know nothing about the flat industry and I've only been to a few low-level sales so it should be interesting.

It's worth it for a day out of the office!!

evsj

Visit site
Mainly sit behind a desk looking at a computer (hence I get distracted by H&H forums alot!). Our CEO looks after this woman's security interests and other concerns.

Believe me, it is not the most riveting job!!!
crazy.gif

Lord_Horatio_Nelson

Visit site
I'll be there on Thursday...snowfall permitting. There are large parking areas for cars on-site and if you can't park in the grassy area, head to the left, down the slope and you will come across a large gravel parking area. I would have thought that the car-park won't be over full this sale.

You often find there are a number of withdrawals from the catalogued lots so be wary on when you estimate the time you need to be there at.

If you are interested there is a stallion parade at 10am from the National Stud.