Taunton - Stolen now Recovered but with a Warning.

Singing Dawg

Lang may yer lum reek
Visit site
****STOLEN FROM BROOMFIELD, TAUNTON LAST NIGHT**** 30 January 2013.

Two ponies were removed from their field overnight and taken away via common ground behind the field.

The gate had been cut.

Prior to this someone had been on the property trying to sell chainsaws.

Sorry I have no info on vehicle or persons description.

Jill Crewe

Visit site
Please note that people with irish accents turning up to yards offering chain saws - has now been reported in Weston-Super-Mare, Taunton and North Devon.

In Weston-Super-Mare gates were cut and horses released.

Singing-dawg is it possible for you to edit the original title to make it more widespread? :)

dsth

Visit site
we have had the same "selling chainsaws and an irish accent" in South Devon as well - couple of weeks back, couple of yards broken into that i know of but no horses stolen thank goodness that i am aware of:(

flaxen tail

Visit site
We had the same chainsaw selling irish person he came back twice ,blue van memorised registration no ,husband rang police and got a crime no. Next day a different man was seen watching our yard on foot shortly after a white van pulled up outside. Police have been to some yards in the area to warn people if they are approached to ring 999 and there is a blue van and a white van involved. Am very worried because we are not living on site . Am new to this forum but registered to warn people about it. The police have spoken to him but he produces receipts for the goods. The blue van has also been seen by someone at our yard teaming up with an older style landrover.We are in South Glos.

Clippy

Visit site
This same outfit has been to Todmorden and Warrington today. All our tack is coming in the house today and staying there for the forseeable