TB saint and a stallion to boot!

Vindaloo

Visit site
Since moving to India I have been lucky enough to find a place to ride and have the pleasure of the sole use of three amazing but very different horses. All are TB's off the track and have been re schooled for showjumping, dressage, eventing or polo.

Unlike the majority of the equines out here, they are cared for in the best possible way. These have lovely airy loose boxes with fans and sun shades and are fed properly (even though this means that at times they are er, a bit sharp to say the least). Live in farrier and saddler are a bonus too.

One horse I think just deserves a bit of a mention as a bit of a saint. He is a 16.2 Chestnut stallion who has no turn out, cannot be lunged and who's only exercise is under saddle and currently is every other day.

I have the enormous pleasure of riding this absolute gent of a horse. He makes me think of driving a ferrari, the power he has is amazing and you ask for a little and he gives everything he has, no bucking, no rearing, a little spook now and then but honestly that's about the sum of it. He tries his heart out every time I get on him. He is only ever schooled since riding out is impossible here and yet pricks his ears and works with enthusiasm every time.

Not much of a point to this post other than I think he is a real credit to horses as a whole (irrespective of breed), generous, kind, loving and (ok I am biased) very beautiful. TB's have a bit of a bad press in some quarters but this chap has converted me from a 'would never have a TB' to an absolute fan.

He mastered canter half pass this evening and just floated across the school in both directions, and his wiggle when I told him just how clever he was had me smiling from ear to ear.

I'm still smiling now and that's why i'm posting. I just wish I could bring him home with me when the time comes....

Holly Hocks

Visit site
The horses sound fantastic and it's nice to know that even over there, someone is taking care of the ex-racers. Enjoy them while you can!