Team Chasing - how mad do you have to be??!

SueAllen

Visit site
It looks like such fun and I think Neddy would be a star - he jumps very enthusiastically in company! but this pilot is such a wimp - I guess I'd not be a good team member even if I tried to get one together....anyone tell me more about it...Rosie??

serena2005

Visit site
never been personally, but i do think you have to have balls to go! i thought about it.... but then saw some of the height of the fences! lol

i would say go... if you can get a group together that will just do it for the fun of it... im sure it would be a great experience.

and if your neddy is enthusiastic then he may boost your confidence!

RunToEarth

Visit site
Hallo! Best fun you will ever have, the scariest part is walking the course sober, everything looks so much bigger from the ground. I really enjoy it, thrilling but you need quite a bit of guts, and a big saddleflask (most people opt for both)
Give it a try!!

RunToEarth

Visit site
Oh shush CSJ, I have a big season planned and I was happy thinking they were hunting height...you are scaring me
smile.gif

squiff

Visit site
Don't let them all scare you!

Have done a few with my friends and they are gr8, we even won the bicester cub hunters a few weeks ago on our 2nd attempt with this team. Fair does if you want to do the open class but all events have a cubhunters, over anything from 2ft 9 to 3ft 3, with often 2 classes, novice and int. OUr ponies/horses were pretty fit, but didn't go mad getting them ready.

If you enjoy pairs hunter trials it's pretty much the same but with a couple of other people added. The time's a bogey one and not against the clock..unless you go in the open. Jumps are strainght forward, mostly hedges, the odd timber fence, much easier than a hunter trial of the same height!! Have a go