Team JetSet is back... with a new addition!

_jetset_

Visit site
Six weeks ago today my daughter decided to come into the world three weeks early. Since then, I have been adjusting to being a new mum, finding a way of doing the yard with her with me and finally getting back into the saddle!

I sat on my 17 year old lady when Tabitha was just 3 weeks old and since then have been adding a horse a week! I am not back riding all four and yesterday I took my first homebred out to the Kate Cowell clinic at Crow Wood! It felt so good to be back out there :)

So, a quick recap on what I have in at the moment...

Han is my 17 year old Medium horse. She is almost ready to come back out and do some Medium competitions, we just need to work on the suppleness a little more in the collected work.

Dizz is my 11 year old who is also know as 'sick note'. However, I have worked hard with her over the past few months (I even rode her the morning I went into hospital) and she has really come on over the winter. Her changes are now really fluent and accurate, she is accepting the leg 90% of the time without exploding and her lateral work is really super. I am hoping to get her to some Mediums this summer and then try our first Advanced Medium in the Autumn!

Bols is my 6 year old graded KWPN mare who has been a rather tricky lady since I bought her as a 3 year old. She does not really get any easier, especially as she has not been worked consistently since I stopped riding her in September. However, I have started riding her again and there are glimmers of the outstanding when she can manage to keep her feet on the ground! She has some training planned this spring with Ulrik and we will start to plan some competitions with her for the summer.

Troy is my 5 year old homebred gelding. The clinic he did yesterday was only his second time away from home under saddle and he did not put a hoof out of place. I was so proud of him, and he worked really hard. He has the most outstanding brain to train, never once questionning what you ask and never tries ducking out! I can't wait to start taking him out BD this year, hopefully we will do some Novices this spring!

I also have two 2 year olds. One is my home bred Jazz x Weltmeyer filly who is just breath taking when she moves and the other is a Don Ricoss x Espri colt who looks rather gangly at the moment! I am going to start doing some work with this two through the summer ready for backing in spring 2013!

Finally, we have two broodmares. My Sandro Hit x Weltmeyer mare is in foal to the KWPN stallion Oliver HFD and I have a Royal of Loh x Leibniz mare who unfortunately lost her foal for this year but will be going back in foal in the next month or two.

I am in the process of planning some competitions through March and April, but I need to be super organised as I have to think of Tabitha too... But this year is going to be a lot of fun!

Twiglet

Visit site
I'm exhausted reading that! Congratulations on the arrival of your daughter (lovely name) and well done on being organised enough to be a new mum and fit in all that time riding!

PorkChop

Visit site
Congratulations on your new baby daughter :D

It sounds like you have every angle covered in the horse department ;) I take my hat off to you, back riding and thinking ahead so soon.

tabithakat64

Visit site
Congratulations on the birth of your daughter, I love the name ;)

Wow, I can't believe Troy is five now, it seems liek only yesterday he was born,

I think we need some pictures though :p

Lolo

Visit site
You've timed that brilliantly- by the time your youngsters are established superstars your daughter will be old enough to ride them in all the young rider stuff! :p

Tabitha is one of my favourite names as an aside!

_jetset_

Visit site
Thank you everyone...

We are also in the process of setting up the business which is very daunting, but also incredibly exciting! My broodmares are just the start, hopefully over the next six months I will be able to buy a couple more to use as breeding mares. Although my Sandro hit x Weltmeyer mare makes me want to sit on her every time I watch her move!!!

I am quite excited to see what my colt looks like this summer, and more so next year... depending on how he progresses, he may even be put forwards for grading in 2013! But right now he looks like no one owns him having lived out all winter!