Team Reggie: triple threat! An ODE report from all the team!

Lolo

Visit site
So, Al had her final night at the chip shop job on Saturday, so got in laden with chocolates and good luck wishes in the early hours to wake up again 4 hours later to take her gang eventing... She planned to take Tango in the 70cm class, and Reg in the 1m class, and Smokes to have a potter about in between. Arrived, and there was a withdrawal in the 70cm class so Smokey got to have his eventing debut too!

Tango first...

In brief, 38 dressage (not bad, considering cantering is hard for such a bubba) with really positive comments and fair marks.

[youtube]Uamzpg5t-VQ[/youtube]

SJ, it was all spooky fillers and twisty lines. Tango was very brave, and just had an unlucky pole and a baby stop at 8...

[youtube]yedQ1D1B4KA[/youtube]

And finally the XC, where he was very brave. He did a very sweet clear right up to the trakehner where he wanted a proper look. Once he'd assessed the situation he popped it sweetly and continued really happily gaining confidence the whole time. He went through the water solo too! So lots of time (yep, they timed the 70cm class...) but a really good experience for him. And he came 10th of 20! Not bad for a debut :D

1383584_10202107718959520_1711482481_n.jpg

Now the little monster, Smokey!

[youtube]5Ib7My1Xf24[/youtube]
As you can see, the return to jumping for Smokes has been very exciting. 6 weeks off and then 4 weeks of boring poles meant when he finally was unleashed on proper fences he couldn't contain his glee :D He's calmed down again now, but this clip is perfect for showing his love for life!

Dressage was very cute and got lots of 7s and a few 8s with lower marks for the canter and final bit where he was tired and bored :D

[youtube]_C5hkpsVqIE[/youtube]

SJ was very small for him, but it was good for him to be able to set off feeling like it was very beneath him rather than being spooked. The video is rubbish, sorry :( Tango was a bit too excited to be out for mum to juggle both well.

And finally, XC. He's only gone XC schooling twice so a full course is a big ask. But if you're a clever clogs like Smokes it's actually very easy :D He flew round, sussed it all out happily and was very pleased with himself (he's always pleased with himself in fairness...). Al let him have a breather and splash in the water, and as a result picked up 3 time penalties... And blow me down, he came 2nd! If they'd gone straight through the water he'd have won!! Impressive debut or what?! :D

1209087_10202107721119574_1844022089_n.jpg

Finally, Reginald. The dressage was a bit meh- Al was knackered, he wasn't feeling it and so although it was sweet enough it lacked the usual elegance and flow. But oh well, Al knows eventing 3 off minimal sleep isn't a good idea now!

SJ was BIG. Which was great, considering Reg hasn't gone round a course in 2 months now and this is a bogey location for them! The first 4 fences were ropey- Al has found that Reg really jumps best when he’s slightly OTT. Slightly. For the first few fences, he was more of a racehorse than he ever was when it was his job… So they came down, and then suddenly Al found the right button and they went PING :D Clever pony :)

[youtube]ZyChJYcJVT8[/youtube]

XC... What can I say? He's a legend, knows his job and trusts Al 100%. Made it very easy, no problems at all and finished full of running. No idea on dressage score or place, but a really nice way to finish his season. What a star!

[youtube]-vSxFvQgj3o[/youtube]

It was very bittersweet as this time last year Bee had done her first ODE and we were so excited about her. And now things are very different and she’s still very much missed. A lot of the opportunities Al as now are only available because of what they achieved, so out of the ashes and all that.

And finally, next week Team Reggie is waving goodbye to Al. She’s going off to be a working pupil for 3 months in a bit of a whirlwind opportunity. I’ll tell you more when she says I can- she’s too scared it’ll fall through last minute. So lots of vibes it doesn’t please :D

lex2501

Visit site
Cor blimey! Is al super woman or what!! I absolutely LOVE smokes, he looks so exciting and Al rides him so well too. Can't wait for you to spill the beans on new opportunity :D

Nicnac

Visit site
Great day - Al is the female Andrew Nicholson riding 3 at an event! Well done and good luck with the WP job - which horse is she taking????!!! Or are they having a nice break?

HotToTrot

Visit site
Isn't Smokes a star?! Well done Tango on the first run and well done Reg, too! Can Al take any of them with her when she goes off - with her new trucker licence, she could take all three! And then some!

Javabb94

Visit site
Well done Al! Think I would be knackered riding 3 at an ODE in one day!
Smokey looks fantastic and sounds like he is going to be a great little horse!

PorkChop

Visit site
Well done Team Reggie, everything crossed that the important plans all come together x

I adore Smokey, I can really see a change in him, he's looking super!

As always Al is riding them all beautifully and sympathetically.

Lolo

Visit site
Cor blimey! Is al super woman or what!! I absolutely LOVE smokes, he looks so exciting and Al rides him so well too. Can't wait for you to spill the beans on new opportunity :D

Thank you! I think she must be, nannying the first 2 round and then wrangling with Reg is not a short day at all :D I'm so excited for her (although nowhere near as excited as she is! Think she's barely touched down since she got the news!) and pleased she's been given this chance.

Sounds like an exciting (if tiring!) day. Lovely to watch - and Smokey looks brilliant. Exciting times by the sounds of it.

Thank you :) Smokey is just class, and has the best personality to boot. He is so pleased with himself at all times- he has never known self doubt, that's for sure :D

smokey is very funny :D

Not sure who squeaked louder in the SJ video as he leapt round! He was reminding Al that he is actually very special and needs admiring a lot :D

Lolo

Visit site
Great day - Al is the female Andrew Nicholson riding 3 at an event! Well done and good luck with the WP job - which horse is she taking????!!! Or are they having a nice break?

Reg is being mum's star hack for the 3 months (he wouldn't enjoy the work levels or being stabled), and then for the first 6 weeks Tango is going and then Smokes is being swapped in (he's going to be kept fit with riding and leading- you wouldn't get mum near him for riding!).

Well done to Al, she's making herself three nice horses. Best of luck with the WP job.

She's very excited for them all, they're all as different as can be but all very sweet.

Isn't Smokes a star?! Well done Tango on the first run and well done Reg, too! Can Al take any of them with her when she goes off - with her new trucker licence, she could take all three! And then some!

He's just class, he learns so quickly and is stupidly clever! She can take 1, so Smokes and Tango are sharing :) Reg doesn't do big yards or staying in, so he's staying at home so she'll miss him a lot while she's away :(

Lolo

Visit site
Well done Al! Think I would be knackered riding 3 at an ODE in one day!
Smokey looks fantastic and sounds like he is going to be a great little horse!

We chatted that evening and she kept dozing off on the phone :D Smokes is such a class horse, she's so lucky to have the ride on him- all thanks to HHO!

Looking good :) I love smokey he's such a dude

Thank you :) Hopefully he can emulate Louie's poncy pony success!

Well done Team Reggie - so impressed with Smokey :) And best of luck to Al.... I'm sure she'll smash it & be the worlds best WP, she's such a grafter.

I keep teasing her and saying compared to her stupid workload atm being a WP will be easy :D Al is pretty sure it won't be though! Thank you :) She's worked hard at teaching him to accept a contact and control his spider legs in the dressage, and he's teaching her to enjoy a pony who's allergic to poles!

Well done Team Reggie, everything crossed that the important plans all come together x

I adore Smokey, I can really see a change in him, he's looking super!

As always Al is riding them all beautifully and sympathetically.

Thank you :) He's really developing, his bum especially is so much bigger. He looks more and more like a WHP though! Keep telling Al they should do JAS as now he's stopped leaping and squeaking, they look very nice together.

JFTDWS

Visit site
wow super! Is Al mad?! 3 in one day sounds killer! But all very positive sounding (can't watch the videos as my internet' beggared :mad3: ). WP sounds exciting - good luck vibes heading Al's way!

Rosiefan

Visit site
Excited for Al and a super-successful day out by the sound of things. I'm not surprised she rode 3 in a day - it's what professional riders do - and also not surprised she was tired at the end of it. Hope she didn't have to drive the lorry home though - if she's anything like Rosie she'll have been asleep on the way back to the yard!

One More

Visit site
Wow well done to Al! 3 in one day is no easy task - especially getting the amazing results she did. Smokey is just so adorable, I can see why you're excited about him! Best of luck with the WP :D

Lolo

Visit site
wow super! Is Al mad?! 3 in one day sounds killer! But all very positive sounding (can't watch the videos as my internet' beggared :mad3: ). WP sounds exciting - good luck vibes heading Al's way!

Very mad! But I reckon we all knew that anyway :D Thank you, fingers tightly crossed!

Excited for Al and a super-successful day out by the sound of things. I'm not surprised she rode 3 in a day - it's what professional riders do - and also not surprised she was tired at the end of it. Hope she didn't have to drive the lorry home though - if she's anything like Rosie she'll have been asleep on the way back to the yard!

It was a baptism of fire for doing 3 in a day, but she knows she ca do it now and next time (!) she'll have had her required amount of sleep rather than a couple of hours after a busy night shift! And yep, just like Rosie and slept the whole way home (as did the ponies, it was a quiet journey for mum) :D

Wow well done to Al! 3 in one day is no easy task - especially getting the amazing results she did. Smokey is just so adorable, I can see why you're excited about him! Best of luck with the WP :D

Just found out Reg came 7th, so all three coming top 10 is pretty cool :D I really hope Smokes continues like he is, because between him and Tango they're forming a rather fun duo to move into Reg's rather large hoofprints. Thank you :)

dafthoss

Visit site
They are all super :D Well done to Al for producing them all so well and massive good luck for her upcoming adventure. I'm sure she will be fine and will love it though.

Lolo

Visit site
They are all super :D Well done to Al for producing them all so well and massive good luck for her upcoming adventure. I'm sure she will be fine and will love it though.

I reckon so too, but she is queen of paranoia! Thank you :)

They all look amazing, Al really has a great future ahead of her. All the best for the new venture. :) x

Thank you, she works hard so hopefully it'll pay off in the end!