'Team shares'

pugsandponies

Visit site
There seem to be several people in my local area currently advertising horse sharing teams. One couple have 8 horses, who they have at least 12 sharers for, all paying £35+ for around 2 days a week. The sharers are not allocated particular ponies, they have 2 half hour rides a week and do all the chores for 3 ponies on their days - paying £140 a month for the privilege of doing so. The owners of these horses have very little to do with them, only supervising the riding. They don't have any insurance to cover their 'sharers', and seem to just buy and own these horses for the financial gain. Has anyone else encountered situations like this? What are other people's opinions?

somethingorother

Visit site
Several people?? Ive never heard of it. Flipping heck :/ There's enough shares out there where you don't have to do 2 extra horses AND pay. Guess there must be something in it though if 12 people are doing it.

pugsandponies

Visit site
Yep, just on my yard there's the couple who have 8 horses with 12 sharers for them, and another lady who's got 2 horses and 5 sharers for them! I just think its quite an odd set up