Teeny Tiny Brag - MD Earned Her First Bit of 'Pocket Money'!

JAK

Visit site
Following on from post the other day about MD wanting to earn a few pennies.....she got her first bit of cash today! *beams proudly*
laugh.gif

Friend partly cares for 4 large hunters & MD has been going with her for a while now to 'help out' & especially this last week to see how it's all done, as very strict routine! LOL
Friend away for day, so arranged for MD to go!

Hardly slave labour - has to muck 'em out, gather up haynets, do waters etc. in morning, fetch 'em in, pick their feet out, soak sugar beet & mix their feeds etc. in the afternoon but point is, she did it all by herself & got paid for it!

She is thrilled to bits & went skipping round house, waving her lolly & planning how to earn her next few quid!
grin.gif

SSM

Visit site
Bet you feel so proud of her - it's so great when they have worked to earn their own money, AND it has not come out of your pocket!

JAK

Visit site
She is hoping for the chance to pick up odd days during holidays etc. when friend is away for the day for example & now she knows the routine so well, she could just go there at a moment's notice!

Gotta start small, eh?
smile.gif

ruscara

Visit site
Well, I think that is quite a bit to do, actually. Four large hunters can create a fair amount of poo. Well done to her, and I hope this is the start of a blossoming career. Your friend obviously trusts her, even with the very strict routine, which says a lot!
smile.gif

Onyxia

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Money is always sweeter when you know you have earned it isn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]
Isnt it just!
Well done MD, hope its the first day of a little empire for her
grin.gif

JAK

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Well, I think that is quite a bit to do, actually. Four large hunters can create a fair amount of poo.

[/ QUOTE ]
True! And they're big b*ggers too - all 17hh ish jobbies I think!
[ QUOTE ]
Your friend obviously trusts her, even with the very strict routine, which says a lot!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
MD is pleased that she got the chance to show she could do it - she's very thorough actually & quite bold, which is just as well, as one of 'em pulls the scariest faces on the planet apparently!
shocked.gif

JAK

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I remember the first bit of money I earned when I was her age - felt like a millionaire
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, that's it!
laugh.gif

As anima says......the start of a mini empire!
grin.gif

JAK

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Has MD approached the Ugly Bug's owners yet with regards schooling/improving him?

[/ QUOTE ]
They've gone off on holiday!
frown.gif

JAK

Visit site
I think having our car stolen, along with all their girths, numnahs etc. actually made the girls suddenly realise that things cost money & they have certainly been more aware of the value of stuff since it happened, so hopefully, they will start to appreciate what they get a little more & also that earning a bit of your own money can be very worthwhile!
smile.gif

And it's all good practise for MD - so many on our yard are fairly useless at just about everything - some have never even seen straight feeds! Probably couldn't tell bran from oats if they're lives depended on it & don't realise that there is actually an original version of 'Speedi-beet'! LOL

KarenX

Visit site
Well I think its great that she doesnt mind a bit of hard work, so she deserves all she earns.
smile.gif

I love all your stories about LBO, CB and all the others btw. So cute!

Karen
smile.gif

JAK

Visit site
Happy to keep you 'entertained'!
smile.gif

Amazing how much fun you can have with four completely bog-standard, 'ordinary' ponies really! Though they are not 'ordinary' to the girls, of course! LOL

JAK

Visit site
Aww, thank you!
smile.gif

I only tend to write about her in 'cute mode' & ignore the times she is in 'rabid racoon mode', though these instances are getting fewer & fewer - I don't think she's sunk her teeth into anybody for weeks now & I think she actually likes 'cuddles' now, as she always looks hopeful when you approach & disappointed when you walk away again!
smile.gif