Teeth - How bad do I feel!

MarthaRodman1

www.photobucket.com
I've just reaslied that my boy hasn't had his teeth done for nearly a year - last done beginning of Jan! What with his Tendon injury in April, his subsequent surgery, bringing him back into work, I've just completely forgotten. Then when i gave him a carrot last night, he struggled to bite it in half!!! AAAHHH feel terrible - but vet coming next We now! Phew.....Thats a nice Christmas present for him - he he!

MX

Elmere

Visit site
Most only need doing every year, ours get checked every 6 months but then its only every other time that they get done, just wondering whether yours get done by a dentist, vets are usuallly not as good
confused.gif

MarthaRodman1

www.photobucket.com
Phew, ok i feel a bit better - he normally needs doing every 6 months, thats why I felt so terrible! He'll survive I'm sure, and as he's being ridden and going in the field now (after 9 months) I bet he doesn't even give a monkeys!!!
smile.gif

Loupride

s25.photobucket.com
Dont worry at least you have remembered now! Im sure there are hundreds of horses who never have their teeth done
confused.gif
but maybe try and use an Equine Dentist?
As they say "You wouldn't go to the doctor with a tooth-ache would you"
grin.gif

Sparklet

Visit site
Lots of dentists are not qualified as dentists......my vet actually is so whoever is used you do need to check them out.

I had a really bad experience with the horse dentist and wouldnt use one again.

Elmere

Visit site
When my mare came she'd never been done before so whilst i was getting jabs done i got her teeth done as well, this was all done by an excellent vet but the dentist came around a month later and checked her and she needed loads doing so i really recomend a dentist
wink.gif