Teeth issues (also in vet)

foxy

Visit site
Am looking for some advice, my horse hangs onto his right rein and can be strong whether ridden or lunged. He chews on the bit constantly and shakes his head. This has started in the last few weeks.
I have had his teeth checked by the dentist and although they were sharp there was nothing really wrong but am now wondering if there may still be a problem.
Has anyone got any experiences of teeth issues?
Read more at http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?726872-Teeth-issues#WmyKH8uBthyHIkOZ.99

be positive

Visit site
Leaning, headhaking and bit chewing are not necessarily signs of a tooth issue, they can be caused by discomfort elsewhere, hanging on one rein is often a sign of a lack of engagement from the hind leg or stiffness, if the teeth have been recently checked and he is worse then is is likely that it comes from somewhere else and needs investigating, that is assuming the bit, bridle and saddle fit ok.

WelshD

Visit site
See if you can get a second opinion on the teeth

It wasn't the first, second or even third person that looked at my pony that picked up the fact he has three missing teeth and subsequently had one growing unchecked and 1cm too long which was hitting the gum below