Teething 2 year old

trefnantblackknight

Visit site
My two year old lipizzaner is teething

I am covered in bruises from his biting

Also before xmas i went to bridle on - didnt realise he had a toothcoming through - he got very upset and threw his head in the air!

I havent put a bridle on since but i am worried he wont want it on again - he used to be really good t have it on!

And as for his biting, i 'try' and take him on walks but once hes finished looking around he starts taking chunks out my arms legs anything! i don't hit as i dont want to make him headshy as i already have a very headshy pony - was headshy when i bought him - but my mum does ' parrelli ' and she said if you hit the air and he walks into it its his own fault. But i dont hit horses full stop i just shout at them and that normally does the trick! When Banner goes to bite i just push his head the other way.

Is there anything i can give him in his feed to sooth his teething?
and
Do you think he will want a bridle on when hes done teething?

Free voucher for a naughty round pony for anyone who gets this far ;)

forestfantasy

Visit site
My two year old lipizzaner is teething

I am covered in bruises from his biting

Also before xmas i went to bridle on - didnt realise he had a toothcoming through - he got very upset and threw his head in the air!

I havent put a bridle on since but i am worried he wont want it on again - he used to be really good t have it on!

And as for his biting, i 'try' and take him on walks but once hes finished looking around he starts taking chunks out my arms legs anything! i don't hit as i dont want to make him headshy as i already have a very headshy pony - was headshy when i bought him - but my mum does ' parrelli ' and she said if you hit the air and he walks into it its his own fault. But i dont hit horses full stop i just shout at them and that normally does the trick! When Banner goes to bite i just push his head the other way.

Is there anything i can give him in his feed to sooth his teething?
and
Do you think he will want a bridle on when hes done teething?

Free voucher for a naughty round pony for anyone who gets this far ;)

You need to nip this in the bud now! (excuse the pun)
Biting is not acceptable - teething or not.
Giving him a short sharp smack on his neck won't make him headshy - do this with a deep growl of 'NO!'
Pushing his head away and shouting clearly isn't working - he is taking the P**s and it will only get worse unless u put a stop to it.

I'd leave the bridle for now and re-bit him when his teeth have come through, it shouldn't have put him off to much.

Please sort this out OP - this boy needs his manners sorting out sooner rather than later.

trefnantblackknight

Visit site
I will give it a go later hopefully he wont hate me forever LOL

We have very NON horsey people living by our horses i really growled at him the other dayand there faces..... ithink they were ready to call the RSPCA! ;)