tell me I'm being daft lol!

showjump2003

Visit site
I am quite happy jumping my horse 3ft6 - 3ft9 at home but when it comes to competitions I'm such a wimp! I find I always have to jump in the small class first to build up my confidence before I go in to the open. Anything bigger than 2ft6 looks HUGE at competitions. I really have to get over this as I'm hoping to affiliate so I am just sending entries off for a show in two weeks time and I'm going straight in to the 3ft class. I know it's not huge for you guys but a big thing for me! I'm really having to stop myself entering the 2ft6 class first lol!!!

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
If your horse jumps it at home there is no reason not to have a go at a show. At home always make sure that if you think you are jumping 3' then measure the jumps and ensure that they are 3'. Similarly if you put up a spread make sure the spread is 3' across. That way there will be no surprises at shows for you. Get to the show in plenty of time so you can get tacked up, studs in etc in plenty of time and then you can work your horse in well before your class. Don't worry much about height, the difference between 2'6" & 3' to the hiorse is nothing. Think positive & just ride it nice & steadily. Go for the clear, don't race. Take some Bachs flower remedy before going in to calm you if you must. Most of all just try to enjoy the experience. Once you've done it once you'll want to repeat it again. Good Luck & just go for it.