Temporary Fencing

BOWS28

Visit site
Looking to start strip grazing my field. So i'm in need of plastic posts, tape and 2 handles. Any recommendations as to where i can order them online that won't break my bank? TIA you lovely lot.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Just have a look online, try Amazon and online tackshops. Our local tackshops all sell what you are looking for - you must have an energise and battery as well, or your fencing will be ignored.

BOWS28

Visit site
I know the tack shops sell it but there isn't one that close to me and i won't have time to get it until late next week... Have seen some fairly decent priced merchants online that could deliver this week to my office. This may be the answer x

The Trooper

Visit site
Personally I would be looking for rope instead of tape, not sure what thickness though.

We use tape at the yard (provided by them) and it can be difficult as it will snap in the wind etc.

holeymoley

Visit site
Uk country store have a really good deal just now I just bought 20 posts and 200m of tape for £32 or something maybe even cheaper. It was the best price I found.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
it is one of those things where you tend to get what you pay for. Our hotline stuff has outlasted other options by years.

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
I just got some really good posts from eBay-£34 for 20, 4ft white stirrup posts-really sturdy ones-now I have ponies who dont jump out they are just the thing. Also really pleased with some Kramer rope that I bought earlier this year at £24 roll. None of my local tack shops or feed stores sell much in the way of electric fencing.

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
it is one of those things where you tend to get what you pay for. Our hotline stuff has outlasted other options by years.

Agree with this ^^^

I'm an old-fashioned Hotline fan too. It helps they're based here in Devon which means that if there's a problem I can pop back with the unit for repair (tho' you have to ring first not just turn up like you used to be able to do, and you have to charm the Jobsworth in the office first! But think he's one who's bite is worse than his bite. Awwh bless).

On a practical note, it might be worth sussing out your local horsey FB groups as the last lot of fencing poles I got was from a FB contact. Also I picked up some mega cheap at a horsey car-boot sale. Apparently it was the "wrong colour" (bright orange!) for the YO at the livery yard the person was at who had dictated that only muted colours should be allowed for leccy fencing!! FFS!